• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

After update screen layout totally FUBAR

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Got into my truck after dinner at restrauant. Truck said update had loaded and the home screen unrecognzable. No Truck in left top no way to navagate the various screens. Has Home button but that just takes me to apps. What happend??????????
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
The new interface should have three or four (if you have CarPlay and I assume Android Auto) in place of the old truck icon. The home button takes you to apps and entertainment, the second button takes you to settings which is probably what you are looking for. The third is a one button link to the camera view.

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
The settings button does not take you to anything recognizable. Limited vehicle information and many greyed out settings.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Take a photo of the screen so we can confirm that you just got the new interface.
Take photo of screen(s) showing grayed out functions.

BTW,
FORDPASS [Message Center] has a history which would list the most recent update(s), titled "You're Rolling........" clicking the newest will show a pattern statement and a [UPDATE DETAILS] button, click that and it will recap what we are seeing or have seen in the past about what that update was about.

Remember some feature screens are grayed out while truck is in motion for safety.

This is my most recent update.
Ford F-150 Lightning After update screen layout totally FUBAR 1689828304446

Last edited:

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Give it a day to finish updating.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
This is why I turned off auto update.
I don't need to be confused about what is going on...unless I'm ready for it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
1) Wait. Updates often take time to settle out.

2) Reboot Sync. Hold right seek and volume down buttons.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
This is why I turned off auto update.
I don't need to be confused about what is going on...unless I'm ready for it.
The folks who can't find Settings after the update takes the picture of the truck out of the top corner are missing a fairly universal Settings icon at center top. No endless digging through menus that have no function and don't need to be there.

Since then, the biggest feature update has been adding the SoC to the driver's Bells & Whistles screen. So, if you don't have the truck picture top left, you probably haven't missed a whole lot.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I prefer that the updates happen in the middle of the night 0100 hrs, so there is indeed enough time for them to finish.

One time I had a spontaneous update, one of those on the fly events right at the end of a DCFC session, after I unplugged the truck decided now would be a great time (mid-day) to do the update, I sat for a while waiting for it to finish, thinking it was done, proceeded to start the truck and drive off, yet there had to be more going on than I was aware.

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Had chance to play with it and seems stuff is there but the damn this is so visually unappealing.

Put the truck back and add some color/pop to it. The top row on my iPhone is dazzling in comparison.

Home does not access truck features the middle button with some kind of dull buttons and bars does.

Plus all the instructions in the manual are now confusing since the steps to access/change feature have been so dramatically revised.

There should be an option to choose the screen setup you want to use.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Plus all the instructions in the manual are now confusing since the steps to access/change feature have been so dramatically revised.
Yup, a rewrite is in order, will they do by the introduction of the final 2024 version, doubtful!!

It would be nice as we continue using the trucks for the next 10+ years, at least that's my plan, but by then I and most of us early adopters will understand the operation of the systems, but newbies buying the F150 Lightning on the subsequent used vehicle market will need relevant accurate instruction.

Last edited:

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The new interface should have three or four (if you have CarPlay and I assume Android Auto) in place of the old truck icon. The home button takes you to apps and entertainment, the second button takes you to settings which is probably what you are looking for. The third is a one button link to the camera view.
I love the new screens. Intuitive. The secon button is an industry stand symbol for “settings”. And the single button activation of the camera is a godsend. I use it every day.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Any updates? Did you get back your screen?
1) Wait. Updates often take time to settle out.

2) Reboot Sync. Hold right seek and volume down buttons.
This update went in my truck a few days ago but I have it set to update at 1am so I'm guessing it just needs time to finish the update. Do not do "2) Reboot Sync" until you have given it a day to settle out. It shouldn't take too long but you don't want to kill the update process by rebooting or you'll have to wait it out again or wors, make a trip to the dealer with a bricked sync.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Any updates? Did you get back your screen?

This update went in my truck a few days ago but I have it set to update at 1am so I'm guessing it just needs time to finish the update. Do not do "2) Reboot Sync" until you have given it a day to settle out. It shouldn't take too long but you don't want to kill the update process by rebooting or you'll have to wait it out again or wors, make a trip to the dealer with a bricked sync.

The schedule is to apply updates that require the truck to be immobile. The update was already applied, therefore the schedule does nothing.
Sponsored