• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

After update screen layout totally FUBAR

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
What am I missing here? I have had this screen for like months🤔

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
What am I missing here? I have had this screen for like months🤔
Some updates take months to get for some people. This particular update for me came about 2-3 months after it was initially pushed. The OP is, I suspect, a newer owner. My hunch is that the dealership did not apply any updates prior to delivery, which means it took a while to get everything that was sent out prior to the UI update.

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
I have had this update for a few months. I find the new icons and screens much more intuitive than the previous ones. A self-explanatory home button and a very obvious settings button. Settings are now all on one page versus two in the previous one.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
What are the triangles? Not on my screen.

And my truck was demo and was supposed to have all updates when delivered but they never removed the Fleet designation. Took about 2 weeks to catch up and everything showed up to date but last night they pushed update with the new screen look. When I got in and saw it I was not happy. Cincidentally I got intruder alert while eating dinner and I checked on it an saw nothing. I now suspect that meddage was caused by the update an not someone trying to open the door.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Android Auto quick link to bring that screen to the foreground after viewing another screen, only appears after AA has loaded.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I love the new screens. Intuitive. The secon button is an industry stand symbol for “settings”. And the single button activation of the camera is a godsend. I use it every day.
It's so much more intuitive. Night and day better. So many fewer clicks for a lot of items. Huge upgrade IMO.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I mean I guess this is one way for them to not have to deal with the icon showing up as a MME.

#positivethoughts

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

And my truck was demo and was supposed to have all updates when delivered but they never removed the Fleet designation. Took about 2 weeks to catch up and everything showed up to date but last night they pushed update with the new screen look. When I got in and saw it I was not happy. Cincidentally I got intruder alert while eating dinner and I checked on it an saw nothing. I now suspect that meddage was caused by the update an not someone trying to open the door.
Unless you forced the issue, updates are not performed pre-delivery. On my demo, I forced the issue, and it took them an entire day to do the updates.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
NOTE: All '23 models with 15.5" center screen came with the "New" interface from the factory (minus the camera icon at the top).

The OP is referring to the changeover from the older UI that '22 models came with to the newer UI that '23 models have had from day one.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Some updates take months to get for some people. This particular update for me came about 2-3 months after it was initially pushed. The OP is, I suspect, a newer owner. My hunch is that the dealership did not apply any updates prior to delivery, which means it took a while to get everything that was sent out prior to the UI update.
Dealerships do not apply any updates to new vehicles (or mannequins for that matter) unless required to by an OASIS "Stop-sell" or a recall.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
NOTE: All '23 models with 15.5" center screen came with the "New" interface from the factory (minus the camera icon at the top).

The OP is referring to the changeover from the older UI that '22 models came with to the newer UI that '23 models have had from day one.
This is what my ‘23 came with. Is that different from what the ‘22s had? I now have the interface with the home icon instead of the truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning After update screen layout totally FUBAR IMG_0156

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Dealerships do not apply any updates to new vehicles (or mannequins for that matter) unless required to by an OASIS "Stop-sell" or a recall.
I recall a few folk who made the dealer apply any updates before they took delivery. That's why I mentioned it. I didn't mean to imply that it was common practice.
Sponsored