• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Yeah, wrote the same aside from the heated steering wheel stuff.
yeah I'm betting its the same boat of that module has ICE firmware on it which will not interface properly with the lightnings "heating & cooling" for lack of better term.

Your hvac module is newer though, its possible you may be able to flash over the lightning firmware I was unable to do this with my module as firmware was not compatible (basically software id checks and checksums). But I think its a bit of a longshot, however if that is indeed the part that they retro fit on lightnings that tells me that ford service must be re-flashing the module somehow (though i personally still doubt it a little as that is listed as a ICE module)
Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
yeah I'm betting its the same boat of that module has ICE firmware on it which will not interface properly with the lightnings "heating & cooling" for lack of better term.

Your hvac module is newer though, its possible you may be able to flash over the lightning firmware I was unable to do this with my module as firmware was not compatible (basically software id checks and checksums). But I think its a bit of a longshot, however if that is indeed the part that they retro fit on lightnings that tells me that ford service must be re-flashing the module somehow (though i personally still doubt it a little as that is listed as a ICE module)
I'm guessing that it is just for ICE, I figured it would be for XLT lightnings also, not realizing that they can't have cooled seats. Ah well, if I have to switch back to the old module I will, just didn't want to have to use the software workaround for the heated wheel...

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
I'm guessing that it is just for ICE, I figured it would be for XLT lightnings also, not realizing that they can't have cooled seats. Ah well, if I have to switch back to the old module I will, just didn't want to have to use the software workaround for the heated wheel...
yeah me either if you want to muck around with flashing firmware you could maybe try that but it was a bit of jumping thru hoops to get a version of forscan that supported flashing the BEV hvac module.

I'm like 80% sure the hardware is the same and its just different firmware but its just out of our reach to get it working.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
yeah me either if you want to muck around with flashing firmware you could maybe try that but it was a bit of jumping thru hoops to get a version of forscan that supported flashing the BEV hvac module.

I'm like 80% sure the hardware is the same and its just different firmware but its just out of our reach to get it working.
I don't even know how to get the firmware to even try it out. Only time I flashed firmware I was given the files by someone on the forum

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
I don't even know how to get the firmware to even try it out. Only time I flashed firmware I was given the files by someone on the forum
I can share the stock BEV module files if it helps, do you have a paid version of forscan? i can probably also help with a link to a version of that too if you want to try it.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I can share the stock BEV module files if it helps, do you have a paid version of forscan? i can probably also help with a link to a version of that too if you want to try it.
Yeah, I got that when I did the passive entry firmware flash. If you have the stock module files I'd appreciate it!

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Yeah, I got that when I did the passive entry firmware flash. If you have the stock module files I'd appreciate it!
I will PM you sometime here after work, with files/info

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Well, I've switched back to the original hvac unit for now and wanted to go ahead and set up the heated steering wheel with it, but it won't let me write anything to it anymore. Odd issue, not throwing any DTC's

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Well, I've switched back to the original hvac unit for now and wanted to go ahead and set up the heated steering wheel with it, but it won't let me write anything to it anymore. Odd issue, not throwing any DTC's

its the version of forscan you need one of the beta or test ones as stock wont write to lightning hvac modules

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
its the version of forscan you need one of the beta or test ones as stock wont write to lightning hvac modules
Ah. I was running an older test one that would let me do the firmware updates; just tried to update to the new stock but that didn't work either. I'll reach out to them then. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Ah. I was running an older test one that would let me do the firmware updates; just tried to update to the new stock but that didn't work either. I'll reach out to them then. Thanks!
sent you a PM with links

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
With the test version of Forscan everything worked and I was able to get the heated steering wheel working, thank you! I opted to switch off the climate bar for now and see how it goes with the steering wheel coming on automatically (which it does do, so that's nice). I'll see about flashing firmware on to the other HVAC controls this weekend, but at least it's working!

shoopg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
I swapped this out about a month after I got my truck in September 2022.

From what I remember, restoring the config as is from my stock HVAC module the new one didn't work at all. I manually made most of the changes by comparing the spreadsheets from ICE to Lightning and it seems like it's been working fine for over a year. Defrost, AC, Heat, HSW all works.

I have backups of the forscan reads from my stock HVAC module, this stock HVAC module, and the changes I made. I can upload them if interested.

I have seats out of an ICE Lariat that I'm in the process of swapping in so I can't say for certain if HC seats will work yet.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Lightning Pro Seat Swap/Upgrade to Heated/Cooled 1702524712346

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I swapped this out about a month after I got my truck in September 2022.

From what I remember, restoring the config as is from my stock HVAC module the new one didn't work at all. I manually made most of the changes by comparing the spreadsheets from ICE to Lightning and it seems like it's been working fine for over a year. Defrost, AC, Heat, HSW all works.

I have backups of the forscan reads from my stock HVAC module, this stock HVAC module, and the changes I made. I can upload them if interested.

I have seats out of an ICE Lariat that I'm in the process of swapping in so I can't say for certain if HC seats will work yet.

1702524712346.png
Have been thinking about trying to grab some seats from a Plat at some point so if you wind up having good luck with the heating/cooling then I'm all ears, in addition to knowing the secrets behind getting that hvac panel to work.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I'd still love to do this but struggle with figuring out where to source seats (presumably from totaled cars) from around me.
Sponsored