• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
So does ford or the dealer inform you what wave you are in ?
Your dealer knows if you're in Wave 1, but I don't believe they can see into deeper waves (maybe a few? dunno). If you're in Wave 1, Ford will be contacting you tomorrow to convert your reservation to an order.
Yes they do know, but anything beyond wave 1 is up in the air at the moment, or at least not visible to dealers. I personally believe wave 1 is the "test wave" (almost like a soft opening) and then wave 2, etc will be the actual mass production. I don't mean to say they are beta test cars, cause that was pre-production. However I believe this is where the Union workers will cut their teeth.
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
So now... that pre-approval link is gone at the moment.

Sponsored

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
I'm assuming this is them ensuring people can buy their higher trims. I'm getting the Platinum with Max Recline/Spray-in bed liner/retractable tonneau/power-deployable running boards (I know I need my dealer to add the last two options and it'll delay)...that's about $96k plus TTL = $106k in my county.

And from their launch playbook, Ford made it clear they want to push higher trims over Pro.
I did not see option on Lariat for retractable tonneau cover

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Mine disappeared about an hour after I noticed it the first time I logged in the 1st time. Thought it was interesting the different dollar figura others were saying they were approved for. Ford probably jumped the gun on that feature...maybe...who knows?!!!

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I still can't believe that a Lariat+ER with max towing comes to $80,034. The EV credit portion of the BBB shows life. Yesterday Manchin said, “I think the climate thing is one that we probably can come to an agreement on." So, the $80K number still looms. Come on Ford, find $35 to shave somewhere!

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I still can't believe that a Lariat+ER with max towing comes to $80,034. The EV credit portion of the BBB shows life. Yesterday Manchin said, “I think the climate thing is one that we probably can come to an agreement on." So, the $80K number still looms. Come on Ford, find $35 to shave somewhere!
It seems the feds don't typically include the Destination Charge in MSRP. So you can probably add on a couple goodies.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Besides the question of affordability, I am trying to figure out what to do at the moment. I currently have a 21 F150 Lariat PB, and I love the truck... however I was a bit upset to not get the 18 speaker system and 360 Active. Unfortunately the only way to get the 18 speaker is to get the Platinum which means a potential loss of the tax credit and obviously the higher price.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Damn, I just saw this. Like many here I was planning on the ER XLT (not XLT+) based on previous info leaked about the ER battery being a +$7k option, at +$20k for an ER XLT I'm most likely out. I can't justify $75k for a vehicle. SR isn't enough range for people in cold climates for this to be their only vehicle IMHO. I guess I'll be waiting a few more years until the price on EV trucks gets more reasonable. Bummer.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Damn, I just saw this. Like many here I was planning on the ER XLT (not XLT+) based on previous info leaked about the ER battery being a +$7k option, at +$20k for an ER XLT I'm most likely out. I can't justify $75k for a vehicle. SR isn't enough range for people in cold climates for this to be their only vehicle IMHO. I guess I'll be waiting a few more years until the price on EV trucks gets more reasonable. Bummer.
Due to inflation, and the cost of lithium now going up due to demand, I doubt things will get cheaper.

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
It seems the feds don't typically include the Destination Charge in MSRP.
I've seen that speculation a couple places. But should this BBB stuff pass until I see in writing from the IRS that D&D isn't included, I'm assuming it is. Here's the pricing section from a random ICE F-150's Monroney. The big block that says "TOTAL MSRP" includes D&D. So, unless it's specifically excluded in the IRS regs that's all the IRS auditor is looking at.

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build Monroney

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Besides the question of affordability, I am trying to figure out what to do at the moment. I currently have a 21 F150 Lariat PB, and I love the truck... however I was a bit upset to not get the 18 speaker system and 360 Active. Unfortunately the only way to get the 18 speaker is to get the Platinum which means a potential loss of the tax credit and obviously the higher price.
I am in the same boat, except I have a 21 XLT 2.7 EB. I am going to start commuting soon and with gas prices not going down it only makes sense to go back to an EV in truck form. Since I am in love with my ICE I expect that the EV version will be 10x's better. I am pretty pissed about the EV Lariat missing features from the ICE Lariat, but the good news is we can probably add to the garbage B&O systems that's coming in the Lariat.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I've seen that speculation a couple places. But should this BBB stuff pass until I see in writing from the IRS that D&D isn't included, I'm assuming it is. Here's the pricing section from a random ICE F-150's Monroney. The big block that says "TOTAL MSRP" includes D&D. So, unless it's specifically excluded in the IRS regs that's all the IRS auditor is looking at.

Monroney.png
You might be interpreting right but if Ford interprets differently I wouldn't expect them to be trying to trim the price to get MSRP with destination to $80K.

There is variance in how manufacturers complete their Monroney stickers though. I have a Kia one in front of me that has a "Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price" line, "MSRP Including Options" line, and "Total Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price" line, all with different values. The "Total Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price" be the bottom with inland freight and handling included.

I think Cash for Clunkers is the best tell on federal treatment short of more specifics written into to legal bill, but would love something formal and specific to fed/IRS.
Sponsored