• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin

Attachments

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Oh wow. Dual onboard chargers are only for fleet vehicles now? I wonder if that means all consumer ER truck charging is maxed out at 48 amps?

Edit: Yep. Level 2 charging is 11.2kw max.
I wonder if they will make a new version of the charge station pro that only goes to 48amps.

Sponsored

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
Ouch on losing the dual onboard chargers. Probably won’t affect most folks but it’s a nice to have. My charger isn’t in yet but sunrun is telling me I can do the full 100 amp circuit so at least I’ll be able to utilize it with my truck. Scales being back on looks nice, but I wonder if those will just be another delete when it actually hits the lot. When the blue cruise trial ends, is it the hands free that goes away or does the grey wheel blue cruise also go with it? Even with not having the heat pump, I still feel happy I got a 23 instead of a 24.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
True. However, will the lightning work with any other bidirectional evse?
I don't think anybody knows for sure yet. But the home backup system is expensive and nobody can get it to work reliably. I wouldn't base a vehicle purchase around it.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Oh wow. Dual onboard chargers are only for fleet vehicles now? I wonder if that means all consumer ER truck charging is maxed out at 48 amps?

Edit: Yep. Level 2 charging is 11.2kw max.
That is crazy. That is one thing that sets the Lightning apart from the Hummer EV and Silverado, despite having a smaller pack size and range. It really does seem that Ford is just cutting out features and functionality in the name of saving cost.

Lightning customers: "Can we get lower prices and better value?
Ford: "Aight so we gutted the lineup, removed functionality and features to get to that new price."
Consumer: "WTF??"🤦‍♀️

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I had been waiting to order a High Xlt(ACC) with LFP which is apparently not going to happen.
The Lariats around me are so heavily clearanced that some are cheaper than the XLTs because the XLT aren't getting the 7500 incentive. I really hadnt wanted to get the bigger screen but now it's cheaper???

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
I had been waiting to order a High Xlt(ACC) with LFP which is apparently not going to happen.
The Lariats around me are so heavily clearanced that some are cheaper than the XLTs because the XLT aren't getting the 7500 incentive. I really hadnt wanted to get the bigger screen but now it's cheaper???
Honestly I wished i could get the physical buttons vs the 15 inch. Tough call

mkramer69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
I don't think anybody knows for sure yet. But the home backup system is expensive and nobody can get it to work reliably. I wouldn't base a vehicle purchase around it.
Not to mention what do you do with it when you sell your truck? It was a good "concept", but very impractical and not cost effective.

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Wow, no longer giving you a charge station pro with any of the models. Glad I'm getting my XLT ER this year, I didn't want that large screen. Test drove a Lariat before ordering and just didn't like that big screen.