• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Seems Ford is following Teslas lead in making every vehicle use a 48A charger. I believe Tesla discontinued the 80A charger because they found that only a tiny % of customers ever installed a 100A circuit and 100A L2 chargers are virtually non existent in public settings. So it was a wasted expense for Tesla and something that was hauled around for the life of the car that wasn’t necessary. 48A seems plenty fast for me even with an ER truck.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Two quick glances and call outs - delivery fees are going up again, which is absurd, now $2095.

As an add on option Blue Cruise 1.2 is $2100 and comes with 3 years included. That term must be if you pay that price to add it onto a truck that doesn't have it built into a package. I think it's been noted for the trucks with it built into a package the trial is only 90 days.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Seems Ford is following Teslas lead in making every vehicle use a 48A charger. I believe Tesla discontinued the 80A charger because they found that only a tiny % of customers ever installed a 100A circuit and 100A L2 chargers are virtually non existent in public settings. So it was a wasted expense for Tesla and something that was hauled around for the life of the car that wasn’t necessary. 48A seems plenty fast for me even with an ER truck.
Maybe for a car, but for a truck with a 131KWh pack, even if it's only used occasionally, 19.2KW recharging capability is most definitely appropriate.

I routinely use a local free tesla destination charger that outputs 16.5KW. Can't imagine not being able to utilize all that power.

I realize Ford is trying to cut down the prices and production costs, but this is a huge miss. I feel even more fortunate to have my 22.

Ilovetrucks

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transit
I saw on another thread for 2024 that the Pro version won't be made at all in Q1 2024, so they won't be actually built and shipping til sometime Q2, if your lucky? Is that true, or any way to confirm that? My dealer suggested he didn't hear anything about that, and would expect 2024s to be made in the same production schedule as the rest of the models.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Wondering when they will announce the extended range PLUS battery pack option?

otherwise there will be many lot queens out there when the cyber truck range/pricing is announced. GM is already @ 400+ miles.

Sponsored

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
Wondering when they will announce the extended range PLUS battery pack option?

otherwise there will be many lot queens out there when the cyber truck range/pricing is announced. GM is already @ 400+ miles.
Any more range I think would start cutting into payload. It’s already a little light in what you can put on the truck vs an ICE F150.
As an owner of a 2023, all these changes make me worry about the thing getting totaled.

Ilovetrucks

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transit
Does anyone have the 2024 Canadian order guide available? Also, I had seen somewhere that the Pro models would not be made in Q1 2024 - can anyone confirm that they won't be available, or was that just a rumor?

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
What’s the range on that supposed lfp pack for dual motor

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Pro's are now only open for fleet order's, order bank for all trims will close within 30 days

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
... there will be many lot queens out there when the cyber truck range/pricing is announced. GM is already @ 400+ miles.
But can you actually buy a Chevy or GMC truck (not a Hummer) ... not around here ...

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Can you still program charge times and Levels, using the Ford ap, with after market chargers?
Sponsored