• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
MY BABY! was ill, major invasive surgery performed. I cried, I prayed, my friends an neighbors held a week long candle light vigil while my tortured soul wailed into the night throughout this traumatic period. BEV Support dried my tears, held my hand.

Masterfully skilled hands cured MY BABY!

Here are bunch of pics just in case anyone was curious what the battery and truck underside looks like when the battery is removed and opened up.

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0304.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0305.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0306.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0307.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0308.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0309.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0310.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0311.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0312.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0313.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0314.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0315.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0316.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0317.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0318.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0319.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0320.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0321.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0322.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 23OH Recall: My baby had a bad battery module replaced, took photos, it was dramatically traumatic! IMG_0323.JPG
Sponsored

Sponsored

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I wonder if we will ever know how many people were affected by the single bad battery module. There's been quite a few on this forum and know knows how many lightning owners that are not apart of the forum.

OP
OP

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Apparently someone thinks the rules don't apply to them?
1685108232269.png
He knew what he was doing. That plate he is tapping on is a cooling plate. If there was juice running through that there would have been much bigger issues (more like flames) I suspect.

Last edited:

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
He know what he was doing. That plate he is tapping on is a cooling plate. If there was juice running through that there would have been much bigger issues (more like flames) I suspect.
Not a cooling plate, but a template for putting down the thermal interface material on the cold plate before adding the new module. For the most part, with the way the busbars are covered, no real danger EXCEPT for the contactor area where I saw exposed connections. Until that is covered, there should have been barriers to keep people out of the arc-flash restricted zone. Might have done this once or twice, or two dozen times ;)

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
As an Electrician, the green masking tape with the message "this thing can kill you" slayed me.
Ford should make some sort of pre-printed cover with those exact words on them in big bold letters.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
OP. Thanks for the photos. Would you please share the symptoms and what led to the whole thing so we can can recognize it early when it happens to us? Do you think you got a pack that was a part of the bad batch around the shot down? or Fast charging or going to 100% broke the camels back? I know it should not happen no matter how you use it but I am just curious so I can see if there are ways I can delay it if it is waiting for me too.

OP
OP

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
OP. Thanks for the photos. Would you please share the symptoms and what led to the whole thing so we can can recognize it early when it happens to us? Do you think you got a pack that was a part of the bad batch around the shot down? or Fast charging or going to 100% broke the camels back? I know it should not happen no matter how you use it but I am just curious so I can see if there are ways I can delay it if it is waiting for me too.
This was a recall, Ford initially reached out to me about it. There were no symptoms. If Ford hasn't reached out to you, then you probably don't have to worry about it.

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
The only way I knew that I needed a module replaced was when a customer rep called me and told me. No symptoms were noticeable to me. The repair took about 2 days and I haven’t had any issues. It was part of the 23H01 recall.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I thought that all had to do with '23 model trucks. I didn't know '22 models were affected. Were these early builds or late build '22s?
Sponsored