• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
One reason the Phoenix run was a bit fraught was that a key ElectrifyAmerica station at Quartzsite, AZ was completely down on my leg east.
Out of Spec has a video out where Kyle talks about how bad that charging location is. And it seems Tesla has a ton right across the street with even more to come. If they have magic docks on them, EA will never see a dime from that location.
Sponsored

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
Out of Spec has a video out where Kyle talks about how bad that charging location is. And it seems Tesla has a ton right across the street with even more to come. If they have magic docks on them, EA will never see a dime from that location.
Yeah, I looked with envy at the Supercharger station on the other side of the highway. By the way, I went to YouTube and watched the Out of Spec review. Thanks.

I travel both the I-10 and I-40 corridors out west, and am struck by the difference in charging opportunities. I-40 is good and getting better. I-10 is barely fair and doesn't seem to be making much progress.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Yeah, I looked with envy at the Supercharger station on the other side of the highway. By the way, I went to YouTube and watched the Out of Spec review. Thanks.

I travel both the I-10 and I-40 corridors out west, and am struck by the difference in charging opportunities. I-40 is good and getting better. I-10 is barely fair and doesn't seem to be making much progress.
Appreciate the review for that stretch. We like to hit up Disneyland every other year, usually a 7ish hour drive in the Pilot from Tucson. I've been debating if I want to go I10 all the way or take I8 to San Diego then up to Anaheim.
Edit: Looking to take the Lightning on our next visit, in case that wasn't clear :)

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
Appreciate the review for that stretch. We like to hit up Disneyland every other year, usually a 7ish hour drive in the Pilot from Tucson. I've been debating if I want to go I10 all the way or take I8 to San Diego then up to Anaheim.
I can't speak to I-8 (last time I drove it was over a decade ago in an ICE vehicle). I-10, especially between Indio and Phoenix, mostly sucks. Going west, there is an EA station at a Walmart in Buckeye that is fine (tho' tight parking/drive aisle); strongly suggest topping off there. They there are no DCFCs until the infamous EA station at Quartzsite, which is 100 miles away. Going further west, there are a couple "slow" and expensive DCFCs in Blythe, then basically an EV (and real) desert until Indio, 122 miles down the road. Ignore any Plugshare entries for places like Chiriaco Summit; they rarely work and are expensive when they do. Once you get to Indio/Coachella Valley, you are fine all the way into LA/Orange County - lots of DCFC.
Sponsored

Last edited: