• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Maybe they fell off the ferry.
Sponsored

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
This week, fires have occasionally closed the Dalton highway and washouts have closed parts of the RIchardson Highway. It may not be as smooth a journey as they are hoping.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
are you talking about guns?
yes - when I travel to Alaska to fish, I always take self protection with me including bear spray.

Canada prohibits many items and the most I can take thru Canada would be my 12ga.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
yes - when I travel to Alaska to fish, I always take self protection with me including bear spray.

Canada prohibits many items and the most I can take thru Canada would be my 12ga.
most rifles are fine as long as you do the paperwork no?

but roman and Andre would have to leave their handguns at home.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
most rifles are fine as long as you do the paperwork no?

but roman and Andre would have to leave their handguns at home.
Yup, and that would be serious hazard for me as I like to fish the moose & bear populated rivers of the Kenai.

Last time I hiked with a guide to fish the Russian river for sockeye salmon - after we caught some fish, we were met with a black bear who was on top of the hill smelling the fish we had caught.

You can tell who was afraid - all the unprepared and city folks quietly ran away.

My guide was able to "tell" the bear to go away and avoid having to shoot at it.

After that, we had the river to ourselves and packed the sockeye in double ziplock bags to reduce the odor on the 5 mile hike back.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Yup, and that would be serious hazard for me as I like to fish the moose & bear populated rivers of the Kenai.

Last time I hiked with a guide to fish the Russian river for sockeye salmon - after we caught some fish, we were met with a black bear who was on top of the hill smelling the fish we had caught.

You can tell who was afraid - all the unprepared and city folks quietly ran away.

My guide was able to "tell" the bear to go away.
After that, we had the river to ourselves and packed the sockeye in double ziplock bags to reduce the odor on the 5 mile hike back.
that's what a rifle is for! which you can legally bring with you

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
that's what a rifle is for! which you can legally bring with you
Yes, but can you imaging toting a rifle or shotgun into the woods of Alaska while also carrying your fly fishing equipment, waders & wading boots??

When I fish the rivers, I always carry (yes, I have CCW / CHL permits) and a pistol (10mm Auto or .45 1911) for self defense.

When I was last up in Alaska - fishing the Palmer area, there was a local Anchorage city person fishing downstream who got mauled by a bear because he fed it his fish. In the hospital room, Fish & Wildlife agents stopped by and issued him a ticket for feeding wildlife. They had to put the bear down because of the Anchorage imbecile.

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
Looking forward to the next installment.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I have been watching EV charger progress along the Alaska Highway through Canada and up Dalton Highway to the Arctic Ocean for several years now. It has always been possible to travel from the lower 48 to the Arctic Ocean by EV, which was proven by several Tesla owners, but progress has really stepped up over the last year. Canada has installed several fast chargers along the Alaska Highway and Alaska is installing fast chargers between Anchorage and Fairbanks.

There used to be several places along the Alaska Highway that only 120v was available to EV charge, but I think now there is only one. It's possible that within a year there will be fast chargers all the way up the Alaska and Dalton Highways. I don't know if I will ever make it up there but It's nice to know that I can EV to the Arctic Ocean if I get the chance.

I think FLT cheated by taking the ferry up to Alaska. I know taking the ferry was quicker, but I would have wanted the adventure of going up the Alaska Highway. I would have taken the ferry back from Alaska but not up (BTW, there is a ferry that goes all the way from Anchorage to Seattle).

Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I have been watching EV charger progress along the Alaska Highway through Canada and up Dalton Highway to the Arctic Ocean for several years now. It has always been possible to travel from the lower 48 to the Arctic Ocean by EV, which was proven by several Tesla owners, but progress has really stepped up over the last year. Canada has installed several fast chargers along the Alaska Highway and Alaska is installing fast chargers between Anchorage and Fairbanks.

There used to be several places along the Alaska Highway that only 120v was available to EV charge, but I think now there is only one. It's possible that within a year there will be fast chargers all the way up the Alaska and Dalton Highways. I don't know if I will ever make it up there but It's nice to know that I can EV to the Arctic Ocean if I get the chance.

I think FLT cheated by taking the ferry up to Alaska. I know taking the ferry was quicker, but I would have wanted the adventure of going up the Alaska Highway. I would have taken the ferry back from Alaska but not up (BTW, there is a ferry that goes all the way from Anchorage to Seattle).
Apparently a section of the highway got washed out just before they started their trip. I don't know if that happened after they decided to take the ferry but at the very least it supported their decision.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500

I just took a look on plugshare and still don't see much in northern BC. highway 37 and 97 are pretty sparse for L3 fast chargers (orange) and most of those are slow 50kw. there's a few L2's in green here and there if you're staying the night.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ep 1: TFL Northern Lightning Trip From Sacramento, CA to Deadhorse, AK Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 9.19.18 AM
Sponsored