• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences?

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Note, per Tesla third party adapters are not compatible for use at a Supercharger.
I'm not sure where you saw that, but many of us with A2Z adapters have already used them successfully at Tesla Superchargers.

Rbert

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla model S
I'm not sure where you saw that, but many of us with A2Z adapters have already used them successfully at Tesla Superchargers.
Look at the Tesla ”Terms of Use”

Can you tell me what supercharger location you used it at?

epicjoeava

First Name
Joseph Avagyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
As of right now, the only non-Teslas that have access are Ford. Seeing a few people with other EVs trying with the A2Z adapter and it's a no-go. Rivian gets access this month. Mercedes and GM get access "soon". Rivian has a weird disclaimer on theirs regarding the adapters. Saying that you can only use their adapter to charge at Tesla stations. I don't know if their wording saying you need to use an approved adapter is overly strong or if it truly only works with their adapter. They're sending adapters out for free like Ford.
When speaking with some people at Ford, it is only a liability policy, verbal ban. OEMs adapter is as passive as A2Z's. They can't even know which adapter you are using. If A2Z and Lectron are maybe good quality units, these car manufacturers are trying to protect themselves from the upcoming cheap adapters on Amazon and Aliexpress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Doing my first session now. First pedestal wouldn’t work but second one did. For the second one i used the Charge Assist app (first time ever) in the truck. It showed all the Tesla pedestals and allowed me to activate the pedestal from the in vehicle screen. The battery wasn’t warm but it worked its way up to 150kw after a few minutes. Pretty good. Better than i’ve been seeing at the EA station directly across the street.

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? IMG_3550

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? IMG_3549

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
75kWh in 38 minutes. Just shy of 120kW avg. not bad.

The adapter was slightly warm when the session was done. Just a little warmer than ambient.

rv7pilot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Process Control Engineer
Is there a charge assist on the 12 inch screens?

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I didn't' find a way to get EA member pricing using Blue Oval last fall. I disabled P&C and used the EA to activate with my my Pass+ membership. The savings pay for the $8 monthly fee in a single charge.
You do NOT have to disable P&C to get member pricing at EA. You must, however, activate the charger via the EA app before plugging in. I keep P&C active in case the app isn't working. Have never had an issue this way.

I don't know if Tesla will work the same way but am looking forward to trying.

Fastnf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
Yes. Press the app button on the 12 inch screen and it should be on the right hand side.

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? IMG_4322

Is there a charge assist on the 12 inch screens?
See the picture above . Press the app button and charge assits is on the right hand side of the screen

Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Yes. Press the app button on the 12 inch screen and it should be on the right hand side.

See the picture above . Press the app button and charge assits is on the right hand side of the screen
It's not there for many of us. Still waiting for some software update that adds it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's not there for many of us. Still waiting for some software update that adds it.
Check your Fordpass charger locator function (v4.33.0), you find the Tesla sites, try activation with it.

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? 1709470264952
Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? 1709470293300
Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? 1709470351892

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
Used the A2Z adaptor last night some thoughts:

1. Only use at Tesla stations on Ford maps, tried at a Telsla supercharge station not on the map and didn't work, but did work at one on the map.
2. Best to activate from ford screen in the car and not your Tesla app, interfaces is easier.
3. A2Z Locking switch is stiff so work it in.
4. Aim for the spots left of the chargers and use your front camera and audible warning yes you will need to get within 10 inches of the chargers since the adaptor sticks out.
5. As of today's date Only our Ford and Tesla were able to charge and not our Hyundai.

These are just some first time use observations.
Tesla is saying to part to the right of the charger.

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? IMG_4088
Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? IMG_4087

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Tesla is saying to part to the right of the charger.

IMG_4088.jpeg
IMG_4087.jpeg
Yep. You have to be parked to the right of the charger you want to use. Best case scenario would be that the far right charger is open AND there is space to the right of it. In that scenario all other chargers remain available.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Who do they ship with and what is your ETA on delivery?
So I got notified early this morning that my A2Z adapter shipped via UPS. I believe they ship from Montreal, so it may take a bit to arrive. Right now the tracking number just says label created.
Sponsored