• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Getting mine today ..
Curious to hear your impressions. I'm torn...really want to use the Supercharger network, but my Ford-issued adapter isn't projected to arrive until June. That being said, after 6000 miles on our Lightning, I haven't needed to DCFC charged even once... :D

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Curious to hear your impressions. I'm torn...really want to use the Supercharger network, but my Ford-issued adapter isn't projected to arrive until June. That being said, after 6000 miles on our Lightning, I haven't needed to DCFC charged even once... :D
I haven't used it yet but will do so over the weekened and let you know. I'm sort of in the same boat, mine is scheduled to arrive in May and I wanted to make sure I had a backup.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
A2Z is IP54. Lectron IP67. Both made in China. Anyone knows what Ford/Tesla Rain rating is? Where it is made?

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z NACS adaptor review by State of Charge 1711506539673-8z

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z NACS adaptor review by State of Charge 1711506388137-pz

Sponsored

A2ZEV

First Name
A2Z EV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning & Ford Mach
Occupation
EVSE
A2Z is IP54. Lectron IP67. Both made in China. Anyone knows what Ford/Tesla Rain rating is? Where it is made?

1711506539673-8z.png

1711506388137-pz.png
knowing the A2Z NACS to CCS1 adapter is fully insulated from the inside with organosilicon and seals all around the the pins, we are reviewing our rating and will make modifications to the website's description in the next few hours.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
For what it's worth I don't know how the TeslaTap Mini could be any better sealed up and in freeze-thaw conditions, water eventually got pushed in and shorted its bypass circuit. There's garbage like the Hansshow adapter, which leaks and falls apart for sure, and that's just different, but in really harsh weather even the well made stuff can fail over time. I think your conservative rating is wise.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

1711506539673-8z.png

1711506388137-pz.png
So Lectron is IP67 in case you need to use a Supercharger that is 1 meter under water. I managed the development of a product that had to meet IP67 and the test to verify the 6 dust rating is a pain in the ass and I would be surprised if Lectron actually did it. There’s no benefit anyway, I really don’t care if some dust makes its way into my adapter. IP54, 55, or 56 are plenty for this application.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
knowing the A2Z NACS to CCS1 adapter is fully insulated from the inside with organosilicon and seals all around the the pins, we are reviewing our rating and will make modifications to the website's description in the next few hours.
Just curious, what is the testing procedure to determine the IP rating? Is third party involved in testing? Will the construction of the A2Z adapter changes in the next two hours or just the website text?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So Lectron is IP67 in case you need to use a Supercharger that is 1 meter under water. I managed the development of a product that had to meet IP67 and the test to verify the 6 dust rating is a pain in the ass and I would be surprised if Lectron actually did it. There’s no benefit anyway, I really don’t care if some dust makes its way into my adapter. IP54, 55, or 56 are plenty for this application.
I do have to mention, I could not find IP67 on Lectron website. That screenshot is from state of charge YouTube video. Min 3:08

Sponsored

A2ZEV

First Name
A2Z EV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning & Ford Mach
Occupation
EVSE
Just curious, what is the testing procedure to determine the IP rating? Is third party involved in testing? Will the construction of the A2Z adapter changes in the next two hours or just the website text?
Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z NACS adaptor review by State of Charge FullSizeRender

This IPX test chamber that we own allows us to test the IPX and rate it according to international standards and procedures. The adapter will not involve any changes, only websites description.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
FullSizeRender.jpeg

This IPX test chamber that we own allows us to test the IPX and rate it according to international standards and procedures. The adapter will not involve any changes, only websites description.
Wow. Are you guys also in some other related business? That kind of test equipment is not cheap. I still remember, about 20 years ago, working with one of my colleagues who was a mechanical engineer to see if we could actually build the apparatus for one of the vibration tests required to certify our products more cheaply than replacing it commercially when it broke - our vendor was basically trying to sell us a glorified paint shaker for almost $100,000.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Seems like a good and informative video as always - I’m still hesitant to use the non OEM adapter. Even if a third party one can match the quality and safety, I’d hate For Ford or Tesla to use it as an excuse for denying a repair or project damage liability if an issue ever arose during a Supercharger session.
Sponsored