• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
This thread is amazing, thanks for all the info!

I have a 2023 XLT with the 360 cam and tow packages. I'm hoping to add lane centering and ACC. From what I can tell, I need the following:

Wiring Harness: ML3Z-15K867-NA
CCM: ML3Z-9E731-B
Switch: SW-7449

Beyond the parts, what is involved in the installation? Will I need to remove the front bumper or any other body parts to gain access to things? I'm fairly comfortable with forscan, so I think I could figure that out with the help of this thread.

Any info from those that have gotten everything working would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
So hope I can figure this out on my XLT 312A

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
This thread ended when the Lightning Forum was spun off. There is a VERY long thread about this on gen14. I spent the last hour going through the whole thing. This is the single best post to summarize what is needed and the very next one has a spreadsheet showing all the Forscan changes needed.

There is a lot of talk about if you have the "4 wires" to the bumper. I confirmed my 22 pro has these 4 wires.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
This thread ended when the Lightning Forum was spun off. There is a VERY long thread about this on gen14. I spent the last hour going through the whole thing. This is the single best post to summarize what is needed and the very next one has a spreadsheet showing all the Forscan changes needed.

There is a lot of talk about if you have the "4 wires" to the bumper. I confirmed my 22 pro has these 4 wires.

Are you planning on trying this on your pro? I'm interested to see if it's possible and what it'll take as I'm supposed to be getting a my23 pro in the next couple of months

Sponsored

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I'm investigating doing this for my 22 XLT 311a. The sensor assembly looks much cheaper than I was expecting based on reading some of the ICE forums regarding adding adaptive cruise.. $420 vs like $700 I saw for some of the linked parts.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From what I've gathered, we need the following to make it work:

Sensor Assembly: ML3Z-9E731-G
Mounting Bolts(3x): W720714S450B
Wiring Harness: ML3Z-15K867-NA

The total cost is just under $600 from most ford parts shops. l've very tempted to pull the trigger on this, but a bit nervous as I'm not sure anyone with a lightning as attempted to retrofit that sensor.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 7.14.54 AM

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Someone always has to take the first leap of faith with mods. Worst case you can always sell the parts on the 14 gen forum if they don’t work out.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
So steps are:
  • Buy parts
  • install parts ( should bolt right on )
  • Program via FORscan
Enjoy adaptive cruise

my wife’s Escape has co-pilot and I covet it greatly

Sponsored

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So steps are:
  • Buy parts
  • install parts ( should bolt right on )
  • Program via FORscan
Enjoy adaptive cruise

my wife’s Escape has co-pilot and I covet it greatly
It seems like this is all we need to do. My biggest hesitation is installing the parts and removing the front bumper trim. I've done this plenty of times on my raptor, but there are far fewer wires/sensors. Also the raptor gets beat to hell off-road, so you'd never notice if I scratched anything...

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
It seems like this is all we need to do. My biggest hesitation is installing the parts and removing the front bumper trim. I've done this plenty of times on my raptor, but there are far fewer wires/sensors. Also the raptor gets beat to hell off-road, so you'd never notice if I scratched anything...
Have you bought the parts yet?

...asking for a friend...

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you bought the parts yet?

...asking for a friend...
Not yet... Been slammed with work and won't have time to do anything until a couple months from now. Also picked up a 2nd Excursion, so I've been a bit distracted getting that cleaned up.

This is still high on my list for the lightning though...

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Not yet... Been slammed with work and won't have time to do anything until a couple months from now. Also picked up a 2nd Excursion, so I've been a bit distracted getting that cleaned up.

This is still high on my list for the lightning though...
I know how that goes, in the same situation trying to get this Suburban 2500 cleaned up/de-fleet vehicle'd and ready to sell. Otherwise the ~$560 in parts was tempting to try; would be a bit more I guess if you gotta swap the switches around, may as well do the heated steering wheel setup.