• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone bought and installed the Eibach Pro Kit?

O.L.

First Name
Joël
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach-E, 2018 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Manufacture worker
Looking for pics of the new Eibach Pro Kit Lowering springs kit for the Lightning.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Let us know how it goes. Cant wait to see it.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I've had the lowering springs now for about a week or so and the shocks will be here Friday. I haven't installed them yet because I am dreading doing the rear camber kit. I was going to do that last weekend and then the weekend before, but things keep coming up. Maybe I can get something done this weekend.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I've had the lowering springs now for about a week or so and the shocks will be here Friday. I haven't installed them yet because I am dreading doing the rear camber kit. I was going to do that last weekend and then the weekend before, but things keep coming up. Maybe I can get something done this weekend.
Same here, I keep going back and forth on whether to install the lowering springs or not.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Same here, I keep going back and forth on whether to install the lowering springs or not.
Honestly I only really want to lower the rear 1.5" to 2". If the rear springs drop the rear at 3" alone, then the rear struts are adjustable to lift 1", that should give me a good rear drop without having to mess with the front. The big hold up for me is installing the rear camber kit, which I'm going to do, but I'm just not looking foreword to it.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Honestly I only really want to lower the rear 1.5" to 2". If the rear springs drop the rear at 3" alone, then the rear struts are adjustable to lift 1", that should give me a good rear drop without having to mess with the front. The big hold up for me is installing the rear camber kit, which I'm going to do, but I'm just not looking foreword to it.
When you do it, and I envy you for doing it, try to take pics of steps and details. I'd love to see it.

Sponsored

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
I wonder if the “camber solution” could be as simple as shims.
That was the old school way of adjusting camber when no method was engineered into the suspension.
Looking forward to seeing the pics of the process.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I wonder if the “camber solution” could be as simple as shims.
That was the old school way of adjusting camber when no method was engineered into the suspension.
Looking forward to seeing the pics of the process.
Honestly I think the current camber kit from Icon is the only and best way to do it. Unfortunately for me, I don't care for anyone else working on my vehicles...I'm 45 years old with a 5 year old that thinks they need constant attention...This is a heavy vehicle.....It's cold in the shop until the heater cranks it up....I just got a vasectomy a few weeks ago....In reality, I've just been really lazy the last couple of weeks and have been putting it off with any excuse. I'm hoping I'll just go ahead and do it this weekend. I'll just have to balls up and burn the midnight oil.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Shocks were supposed to be here last Friday, but thanks to Fedex, they won't be here until today. Good thing I wasn't ready yet. Got one side of the camber plates installed yesterday. I've been working on vehicles for 30 years now and this easily is the hardest one I've worked on yet. The camber kit itself is pretty easy. Breaking loose these huge bolts on the rear arms with minimal space is not for the weak. In some parts like putting the shock back into the LCA you will need an extra hand to pry the arm down enough to get the bolt back in. Also getting even close to what the torque specs are on these huge bolts your gonna need some leverage. Sorry no pictures yet, but I was beat down after 4 hours fighting this suspension.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Why does it need a camber kit for a 2-3" drop? The truck would drop that much when loaded. Does it need a camber kit when loaded? Obviously not, but do they just expect us to rarely have payloads?
Sponsored