• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Agate Black Metallic - Fox Shocks, 2" Lift, 20" Vossen, 285/65/20 BFG KO2, Xpel Stealth PPF, etc

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Based on initial research, the Fox shocks were supposed to raise the front 2 inches, but I'm thinking the weight of the Lightning didn't allow that to happen. They are adjustable, but I didn't want to mess around with them, as it comes with the ideal preload setting from Fox out of the box.

Without the full 2 inch lift, I was rubbing on the rim & tire setup I had got. I really wanted the look/size of the 285/65/20 tires, so I opted to go back to OEM suspension with the 2" ReadyLift kit.
About how much lift did you get? I just ordered these for my Pro model and plan to return my ReadyLift spacers but now ya got me nervous! Lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
T i h o r

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
About how much lift did you get? I just ordered these for my Pro model and plan to return my ReadyLift spacers but now ya got me nervous! Lol.
It's noted as 2" for the ICE F150's, but by eyeballing it, it was around half an inch. The one (two?) mistakes I made was I never measured the truck before/after installing the Fox shocks & ReadyLift spacers lol

It would be great if you could, as it would be a very beneficial data point!

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
It's noted as 2" for the ICE F150's, but by eyeballing it, it was around half an inch. The one (two?) mistakes I made was I never measured the truck before/after installing the Fox shocks & ReadyLift spacers lol

It would be great if you could, as it would be a very beneficial data point!
Only a half inch is a deal breaker lol. I’ll definitely measure before and after and see how it looks. Maybe I should have stuck with the 2” fox strut only and used my factory spring.

OP
OP
T i h o r

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Only a half inch is a deal breaker lol. I’ll definitely measure before and after and see how it looks. Maybe I should have stuck with the 2” fox strut only and used my factory spring.
The shop I went to didn't have access to a spring compressor, and I didn't want then to fart around with an alternative, so I just swapped the whole unit. If your shop is a bit more advanced, you can absolutely try to swap the springs, or make some adjustments to the shocks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Seen other Lightning builds with the Fox coil-overs that went super smooth. Several in fact. And they claim a solid 1.7-2.0 lift. Hmmmm. Wonder what the issue with your installation shop was?

Verified correct part number should be FOX 985-02-146 for the front coil-overs. Strange.

OP
OP
T i h o r

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Seen other Lightning builds with the Fox coil-overs that went super smooth. Several in fact. And they claim a solid 1.7-2.0 lift. Hmmmm. Wonder what the issue with your installation shop was?

Verified correct part number should be FOX 985-02-146 for the front coil-overs. Strange.
Can you link the threads? I'm really curious, as I've only seen one other build with the 985-02-146, and he later mentioned it was the incorrect part number.

OP
OP
T i h o r

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
OP
OP
T i h o r

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed

Paging @joesrepsol

Please share the threads when you get a chance. Want to read up on what you mentioned, but I wasn't able to find it.

TIA!

Sponsored

F150LTNG

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed

From

From the research I have done if you want the Fox coilovers the part number is 985-02-146-2. I have heard Fox has had some issues due to the lightning being much heavier than a standard f150. I was thinking this same setup but I decided on the Bilstein 6112. You can get them assembled from Sock Surplus. Hope this helps.

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
I really didn't want to go with a low profile wider tire, as I was trying to minimize the rolling resistance. So I decided to go back to the front OEM suspension and add a lift.

ReadyLift 2" Leveling Kit (66-2120) installed
20220725_164250.jpg

The Readylift website says the 66-2120 kit is "Not compatible with Ford BlueCruise." Is that information accurate and does it affect the Lightning?

Ford F-150 Lightning Agate Black Metallic - Fox Shocks, 2" Lift, 20" Vossen, 285/65/20 BFG KO2, Xpel Stealth PPF, etc Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.28.57 AM

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
The Readylift website says the 66-2120 kit is "Not compatible with Ford BlueCruise." Is that information accurate and does it affect the Lightning?

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.28.57 AM.png
We are assuming it’s a liability thing. They want to cover their asses. It’s been used and tested by members here with blue cruise.

OP
OP
T i h o r

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.28.57 AM.png
We are assuming it’s a liability thing. They want to cover their asses. It’s been used and tested by members here with blue cruise.

BlueCruise has been phenomenal to use! No issues whatsoever with the functionality after the lift!

I also believe it's a liability disclaimer to cover their ass.

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Great information everyone... so thankful. GREAT looking truck!
Sponsored