• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Almost time for new tires, what are you planning on getting after the stock tires wear out?

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I just crossed 30k miles and my rear tires are about done. They were originally on the fronts and I waited to late to rotate them to the back. I have the Hankook Dynopro AT2s that came stock on the Lariat 20 inch rims. I am actually thinking about going with the other stock option which is the General Grabber HTS 60 thinking I may pick up some range. The Hankooks are 41lbs and the Generals are 34lbs. Both my local ford dealers had no clue on EV specific truck tires and wanted to quote me on more aggressive truck tires that they put on ICE F150s. But most of those weight in the upper to mid 40lb range. So, what's everyone's opinion on tires to replace worn our stockers with? I want something that performs well, I do see my fair share of tractor paths around the farmland around here but nothing to crazy. I may do some beach sand driving once or twice a year. But I need the range to actually get to the beach first. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I absolutely love my BFG AT KO2 tires but you’re gonna take a range hit.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Ford F-150 Lightning Tire Comparison: All Season vs All Terrain

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Don’t be so gentle on those tires!!
The wife is currently driving it. I made the mistake of telling her I needed to put some miles on her Mach-E, and now it's a struggle getting it back. Good news is, she treats every stoplight like a drag race, so maybe she'll wear them down.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The stock Generals are pretty good 3 season tires, but really not the best in winter conditions. Last winter my wife's Mach-e GT with stock all seasons (Continentals) was FAR better than my Lightning which just feels wrong. In NC, I am betting they would be good tires for you. Not sure how well they would preform in the sand though.

My stock generals are down to ~5/32 at just shy of 18k miles and I don't want to trust them through another winter so I am looking at a more aggressive tire. The Cooper AT3 4S is my current front runner with the BFG Trailterrain as the runner up. Trying to balance improved snow performance with range loss.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I will look at Michelin Defenders when the time comes.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
The wife is currently driving it. I made the mistake of telling her I needed to put some miles on her Mach-E, and now it's a struggle getting it back. Good news is, she treats every stoplight like a drag race, so maybe she'll wear them down.
Same problem here. I have to tell her I need the truck so she'll take her Mach-E. Mach-E is nice but we all like the Lightning better.

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am at 27k and no where near needing tires, but in all of my past trucks, I have used Michelin defender LTX and they are the best tire I have ever driven on. Not sure of the EV efficiency, but they are great tires.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
General Grabber stock tires are useless in sand, mud and snow. Don't take them to the beach on the heavy Lightning or there is a good chance you'll need to be hauled out. They are ok on the tarmac - quiet and smooth with good traction on the dry.
I'll go with the BFG AT KO2 when the GGs wear out. As AZT9 says, there will be a hit on the range (seems to be about 5% +/- a couple of % depending on the tire size based on what other Lightning folks have said). For me, it is worth the range hit to have the traction.