• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Are The Best Winter Tires for an F 150? Blizzaks?

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
They did install them. The installer called me about the size being off from OEM but he just wanted to make sure i knew. There wasn’t any concern from them.
I've previously experienced Costco refusing to install a slightly larger tire than OEM. If you order off their website, there are similar warnings about their refusal to install lower load index or speed index tires.

But, they have the best prices for what they'll order. I went in person on the last day of the sale. Costco let me order the Blizzak LT 265/60R20 121R as well. Now I wait a week or two until they come in. That gives me some time to look for another set of 20" rims.
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I've previously experienced Costco refusing to install a slightly larger tire than OEM. If you order off their website, there are similar warnings about their refusal to install lower load index or speed index tires.

But, they have the best prices for what they'll order. I went in person on the last day of the sale. Costco let me order the Blizzak LT 265/60R20 121R as well. Now I wait a week or two until they come in. That gives me some time to look for another set of 20" rims.
Yeah, I would assume it's hit or miss with a place like Costco. I think when I ordered I did it by size and didn't enter my vehicle.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
So far I haven't seen much of a range hit. I did about 110 miles, mostly highway, the other day at 40F-45F and the average was 1.7mpk. I was mostly at 75-80mph so it's pretty much in line with what I normally see, maybe a little less. I haven't upped the tire pressure yet, that will also help a little.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The Blizzaks are a beast of a tire. Had 4 of them on an '08 M3 manual on 18" winter wheels. That rear wheel drive hot rod could go through a foot of snow with the Blizzaks and was a drifting machine. Had a lot of fun with that car in the snow.

PNWskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Chevy Bolt
For those of you running Blizzaks, what tire pressure do you have them at? Shop installed them at 36psi, and the truck keeps alerting me that they're all low - is there a way to reset the alert threshold to reflect different tires for summer/winter?

Sponsored

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
For those of you running Blizzaks, what tire pressure do you have them at? Shop installed them at 36psi, and the truck keeps alerting me that they're all low - is there a way to reset the alert threshold to reflect different tires for summer/winter?
Costco overinflated mine. I had them install new tire pressure sensors that are also reading a 4-5 psi high in the vehicle TPMS reported value than a manual gauge.

I lowered them from 48 psi to 41 psi on my manual gauge while they were “hot” expecting to see an idle cold decrease.

I’m not sure how to calibrate the psi reading in vehicle on my new sensors.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The Blizzak LTs have been excellent in the recent snow.

JTPDX

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum Azure Grey
I am running the Michelin X-ICE on the stock Platinum 22's for the first time this winter. I have made several very sketchy road condition runs up to the mountains to ski in the past week of ice and blizzard in the Cascades and I am friggin' amazed at how this truck behaves when the conditions get gnarly. So calm and collected. It is rad. The Michelins are a great complement to maximize the handling and control of the Lightning.

Ford F-150 Lightning What Are The Best Winter Tires for an F 150?  Blizzaks? IMG_9466

Ford F-150 Lightning What Are The Best Winter Tires for an F 150?  Blizzaks? IMG_9495

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
We finally got some snow in SE MIchigan and I got a chance to try out the Nokians for the first time on this truck (I've had 'em on plenty of vehicles before) and it's a night and day difference to the stock grabbers and I'm sure any name brand winter tire would be. You probably can't go "wrong" with anyone, the rest comes down to nuances and your preference.

I also re-discovered the worst part of having good tires... you're not alone on the roads :(
So, now you're stuck behind all the "idiots" doing 15-20mph on their 1/8" threaded all seasons in the slush knowing all too well that you have no problem going the speed limit.

On the flip side, once I got on the freeway I had the fortune of ending up behind a police cruiser with his lights on, (leaving plenty of distance for them to do their thing) and at that point it was smooth sailing the rest of the way.

Ford F-150 Lightning What Are The Best Winter Tires for an F 150?  Blizzaks? 1705234322530
Sponsored