• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AM radio solution?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I just drove from Minneapolis to Seattle and back in our Jeep Wrangler. While I could care less for AM stations under most conditions, I did find it useful for those ‘Tune to AM 1640 for information on Snowqualmie Pass road conditions’.
Most highway safety stations are in the AM band. It’s unfortunate that OEMs are deleting access to this important information.
Dial 5-1-1 on your cell phone.
Sponsored

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
It's also useful for people who like baseball, but need to work around MLB's absurd blackout rules that relegate stations' normal internet streams to news reel replays when we want to listen to the Yankees/Red Sox.

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Sponsored

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The first thing I did, was replaced it with a 3.5" shorty.
I like that! Mind sharing which product you used? Do you notice any degradation of FM reception range or audio quality?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I like that! Mind sharing which product you used? Do you notice any degradation of FM reception range or audio quality?
I got this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5QR1MPG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Primarily because of the size. My unscientific sense is that there is a slight degradation, but it doesn't bother me since I only drive in the city, and all the signals are pretty strong. The original whip lives in the lockable storage compartment, so if I really need it, I can reinstall it.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm already extremely disinclined to pay for Sirius. I'm certainly not motivated to pay for it in order to get content that is already broadcast over the airwaves for free. Especially since they're part of the incentive MLB has to keep up their horrible blackout policies.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Pro models don't have SXM. No loss there though. I haven't subscribed to SXM in a long time and don't miss it. It would be another unused feature cluttering up my UI.

Sponsored

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
SXM probably took a Ford exec to the superbowl.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Pro models don't have SXM. No loss there though. I haven't subscribed to SXM in a long time and don't miss it. It would be another unused feature cluttering up my UI.
But they do have AM radio

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
But they do have AM radio
Nope. Not the 2023 models.

Not a big deal, my phone provides all the music, talk, and sports I need (more than AM and SXM could provide).