• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Amazon tonneau

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XLT
Occupation
Doc
I recently purchased a tonneau cover (cheap soft roll-up kind) from Amazon. The installation was pretty straightforward for the most part, but the rear latch takes a lot of efforts to push into the notch. Does anyone know if that is suppose normal or I did something wrong? I think the railing should be widened towards to tailgate end, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Need link to your product and pictures would help!.
Saw the link posted below. Zero reviews, but it looks nice. Try posting a question and asking the seller for feedback?

Last edited:

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
You will have to adjust the location of the latch on the rail (how far back it gets). It needs to require reasonable effort to latch. Should be able to slide it on the rail and lock in a desired spot. The cover you have seems to be a copy of one made by Tyger. Here's an installation video from Tyger. Check at 2:38 to see if that one is similar to yours.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I recently purchased a tonneau cover (cheap soft roll-up kind) from Amazon. The installation was pretty straightforward for the most part, but the rear latch takes a lot of efforts to push into the notch. Does anyone know if that is suppose normal or I did something wrong? I think the railing should be widened towards to tailgate end, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

Thanks in advance
EDIT: I misread your original posting.. The reply below is for the Tri-Fold, not the roll up cover.

First make sure the handle is fully UP before trying to get the handle notch under the truck rail.

The latch handles on each side are adjustable. If it’s either too tight when latching or too hard to get the handle notch under the truck rail then just unscrew/spin the handle a few turns on its threaded shaft then try again.

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Look at the video posted in reply a few posts above. At the 2:45 time you will see how to adjust tightness on the roll up tonneau.

OP
OP
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XLT
Occupation
Doc
I guess my issue is the width of the railing at the tailgate end. I readjusted all 6 clamps/clips but railings is too narrow for the notch to come down.

Mcgyverrod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning LariatER (Rec'd 7/13/23)
Occupation
Retired x2
I purchased an electric tonneau Through Amazon listed below. This unit also works with racks. It was much less costly than Ford's cover . It was $1,600 delivered, taking me about 2.5 hours to install and wire with common tools. Awesome unit and remotes work well from cab!
Syneticusa Electric Powered Remote Automatic Retract Hard Tonneau Cover Fits 2004-2024 Ford F-150 (incl. Raptor/Lightning) 5.5' (67”) Truck Bed Aluminum Waterproof Off Road Rack Ready Retractable

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I purchased an electric tonneau Through Amazon listed below. This unit also works with racks. It was much less costly than Ford's cover . It was $1,600 delivered, taking me about 2.5 hours to install and wire with common tools. Awesome unit and remotes work well from cab!
Syneticusa Electric Powered Remote Automatic Retract Hard Tonneau Cover Fits 2004-2024 Ford F-150 (incl. Raptor/Lightning) 5.5' (67”) Truck Bed Aluminum Waterproof Off Road Rack Ready Retractable
Would you mind including the actual link as well as maybe some pictures of it on the truck, both from inside and out of the bed?

Mcgyverrod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired x2

Mcgyverrod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired x2
Would you mind including the actual link as well as maybe some pictures of it on the truck, both from inside and out of the bed?
Here are two pics of the installed Tonneau. (pardon the dirty truck- I use it)

Ford F-150 Lightning Amazon tonneau Tonneau1

Ford F-150 Lightning Amazon tonneau Tonneau2
Sponsored