• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Peragon Tonneau

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
I chose the middle one(platinum). It comes with 'clamp on' instead of 'drill through the bed' attachment, which was the selling point for me. The extra 300 wasn't worth it to me for their different finish and 2 more years on the warranty.
Do they show the prices for each choice or do you have to add it to a cart to see what the damage is? I'm not seeing pricing for the choices.
Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
I chose the middle one(platinum). It comes with 'clamp on' instead of 'drill through the bed' attachment, which was the selling point for me. The extra 300 wasn't worth it to me for their different finish and 2 more years on the warranty.
I see the pricing info now. For some reason, pricing wasn't showing on my phone before. Thanks

Dakovich

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning LER
I went to the site and noticed 3 different options but they only demonstrate how the cover works. Which model did yall choose?
They sent me a $250 coupon for the Limited HD version, so I sprung for that one. Honestly, I wanted the matte finish of the Limited, I didn’t like the more glossy finish of the other versions. The Limited gets you the matte finish and an extra 2-years of warranty.

Their pricing structure and product trim levels are kind of weird. It costs a lot to upgrade basically to just 2 more years of warranty, matte finish and double locks (which is just a bar/pin extended from the main locking mechanism).

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
They sent me a $250 coupon for the Limited HD version, so I sprung for that one. Honestly, I wanted the matte finish of the Limited, I didn’t like the more glossy finish of the other versions. The Limited gets you the matte finish and an extra 2-years of warranty.

Their pricing structure and product trim levels are kind of weird. It costs a lot to upgrade basically to just 2 more years of warranty, matte finish and double locks (which is just a bar/pin extended from the main locking mechanism).
So will the aluminum painted finish resist scratches, like pet claw scratches? I'm wondering because I have pets that like to lay on my current cover and they still have front claws and wonder if they might scratches the finish.

OP
OP
Carminus

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT

It looks like the price increased since I bought the Limited XD back in June. The price was $1,399 plus I had a $150 discount so ended up paying $1,250 for it. I wanted matte finish on it.

Overall I am pleased with it and looks sharp. I agree with the clamps vs drill option! They were a breeze level them off.

Sponsored

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
I have this bed cover as well, the platinum version or whatever That provides the ”no drill” brackets. I think I paid around $1100 back in May when I ordered after like a $150 promotion. The fit is really nice, there is the issue of not being able to fold it if something is stored or slides to the front. I think as long as you are aware of that, its not really an issue because you can always remove the cover with the quick release option and haul whatever you need without the cover in place. Also after in initial installation, there was a small gap between tailgate and end of bed cover, this allowed a small amount of rain to enter there. I loosened the clamps slightly after a few weeks of testing the cover, and slid The whole cover back about 0.5” and now theres still a tiny gap but very little water gets in and the automatic tailgate is not impeded.
Overall, definitely recommend.

Dakovich

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning LER
I have this bed cover as well, the platinum version or whatever That provides the ”no drill” brackets. I think I paid around $1100 back in May when I ordered after like a $150 promotion. The fit is really nice, there is the issue of not being able to fold it if something is stored or slides to the front. I think as long as you are aware of that, its not really an issue because you can always remove the cover with the quick release option and haul whatever you need without the cover in place. Also after in initial installation, there was a small gap between tailgate and end of bed cover, this allowed a small amount of rain to enter there. I loosened the clamps slightly after a few weeks of testing the cover, and slid The whole cover back about 0.5” and now theres still a tiny gap but very little water gets in and the automatic tailgate is not impeded.
Overall, definitely recommend.
No gap here, so far. I’ll be on the lookout for shifting

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
Bump for an update on how you are liking the paragon. Would a T system work with these? Black Friday has $200 off.

debating this or retrax.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Still $200 off. I think I'm going for the Limited HDx whatever version. Price has gone up, but so has pricing on all the other good covers out there. Inflation... So far the only consistent negative comment I can find anywhere is already covered in this thread -- the accordion fold system is obviously impeded if you have stuff in the way up front. Aside from that, this one seems to do everything I want and is quick to remove if I need the whole bed. I like the Limited HD model because of the matte powder coat, box link mount and no-key locking system.

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
Still $200 off. I think I'm going for the Limited HDx whatever version. Price has gone up, but so has pricing on all the other good covers out there. Inflation... So far the only consistent negative comment I can find anywhere is already covered in this thread -- the accordion fold system is obviously impeded if you have stuff in the way up front. Aside from that, this one seems to do everything I want and is quick to remove if I need the whole bed. I like the Limited HD model because of the matte powder coat, box link mount and no-key locking system.
I’m shopping tonneaus now and leaning towards the Peragon Limited. For those that bought the top version, does the limited allow you to partially open the cover? Features state that it has multi-lock positions but I haven’t seen it demonstrated.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m shopping tonneaus now and leaning towards the Peragon Limited. For those that bought the top version, does the limited allow you to partially open the cover? Features state that it has multi-lock positions but I haven’t seen it demonstrated.
Will report here in a few days when I get it installed. I picked the top version because of the lock design and multiple lock positions, matte black powder coat and the boxlink mounts.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
will be looking for your follow up. I was going to get and Extang as I had one previously on a Silverado and really liked it. Only question I didn't see answered on their web site was how much weight it would hold when closed. Can you stand on it?

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So here's the follow-up...

I have mixed feelings on the Peragon tonneau. Simple installation, but took longer than I expected for some reason. I know if I had to install another one it would go pretty quick after doing it the first time. It uses the bolts that attach the Box Link plates in the bed. So it does not use, nor does it interfere with the Box Link cleats. So that's nice.

The cover itself sits well and looks good. Seems like it seals well though I have not got the truck wet to test. I'll give the truck a wash when things warm up a bit. The cover opens/closes easily after final adjustments.

Things I like:
Looks, powder coat finish on the Limited HD one I bought. No exterior lock or key cylinder. Folds into bed without blocking rear window. Panel assembly is lightweight and was easy to put in. Presumably easy to take out.

Things I don't like:
Side rails encroach on bed space more than I expected, if I need to put some big/heavy stuff in the bed and tie it down, I would be worried about the side rails for some things. Front rail is the same way if I want to load an ATV something large like that. A couple lock mechanism parts are plastic and it would make more sense for them to be machined from stainless as I question long-term durability. Small rubber bumpers on the panels to keep it from rattling will probably fall out. They are pushed into holes in the panels and have a barb that mushrooms out on the other side. Fine and great, but they all just popped through with ease and don't sit tightly. Of course it was 20 degrees when I assembled it, so that may be a factor.

Other notes:
The panels stacking at the front of the bed take up more room than the claimed 6". More like 8". The cover can be locked open at a couple incremental stage. Effectively when every two panel sections fold in, it can be locked in that position. I don't know how often I would use it partially open, but it seems to work well, giving 2 positions between fully open or closed.

Assembly instructions are top notch and there's a full step by step video that walks through the entire assembly. I read through the installation so I had a pretty good idea to begin with. Then followed along with the video by watching each step, pausing and doing it, then moving on

The aluminum panels are very light weight as I mentioned above. It makes for great operation and ease of taking the panel assembly in and out quickly if needed. This also makes it less robust than some of the other panel-based tonneaus on the market. It's still tough enough that it can support snow loads or setting tools and stuff on top and should keep things in the bed secure most of the time. While not as tough as some of the other panel-folders out there, it's still good. Most other panel-folders still are not strong enough for someone to stand on or any more secure.

I'm happy with the Peragon for now. It does everything I expected it to. I wish the rails sat back a bit with less overhang into the bed. That is truly my only complaint. However, for that to be possible, the whole cover would have needed to sit higher, probably at least an inch higher.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro

How did you get the $250 coupon? Should I sign up with their mailing list or something? Thanks!