• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any update on a Trailer TMPS system?

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
(nevermind)
Sponsored

Last edited:

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F-150 Platinum 6.2
I ordered the bumper harness mentioned in this thread and it is finally on the way to me. So I will let you all know how it works on a Job 1 King Ranch PowerBoost later.

Maybe we need a thread for harness orders…..mine would be: placed 2/12/2022, notified of back order 2/14/2022, shipped 2/24/2022

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I started the thread long ago (2021 F150 Plat) - and have had the part LC3Z1A189D (camera and TPMS). Find it really good to confirm that I have the right part. Really good to see that it has been successfully installed. Installation, however, is not within the range of my capabilities, so I am still looking for either a dealer or shop to do that. Any advice on that front would be appreciated.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I started the thread long ago (2021 F150 Plat) - and have had the part LC3Z1A189D (camera and TPMS). Find it really good to confirm that I have the right part. Really good to see that it has been successfully installed. Installation, however, is not within the range of my capabilities, so I am still looking for either a dealer or shop to do that. Any advice on that front would be appreciated.
Here in Boise one of the local car stereo shops also sells and installs rear-view cameras for travel trailers. Maybe a similar shop local to you would do the install for you.

-Eric

smarty39

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Velocity Blue Lariat Sport
Has anyone been able to come up with the different harness P/N's for non-tremor (dual bumper exhaust) trucks? My dealers locally have been less than helpful on this. I'd love to order a harness but not 100% sure which one to get now... Thanks!

Sponsored
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
If I have a new December build 2022 with MAX tow package, 360 cameras, Pro trailer system….but have a 2 wire harness, shouldn’t it be on the dealer to give me the correct harness?
The available features won’t work without it.

My propane tanks are in the way to use the sticker, so I need the transmitter, and also want the TPMS. Do I need the Ford camera to utilize the full assist?
Can I have all 3?

Last edited:

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F-150 Platinum 6.2
Hi all. Huge thanks to GChurch for your contributions. I got my harness today and wanted to give a quick update. I will try to get some pics and a bit more comprehensive comments later in the week.

Overall quite straightforward following GChurch’s steps. It is very handy to have the new harness to see how the connectors work. Worst part was squeezing the big harness connecter past some other harnesses and connectors for Propower/etc. Took me about 1.5 hrs to swap the harnesses.

The dual exhaust harness mentioned here (ML3Z-13A576-TFA) is indeed slightly different than what came off from a single exhaust. The dual exhaust harness has a little bracket for going over the bumper exhaust that is easily peeled off. You could easily salvage two of the little push-pins off the old harness and use another two from the trailer camera kit to make it like OEM (or use good old zip ties, which is what I have for now while testing). Electrically and wire length wise it works perfectly for me.

My truck is a Job 1 (Feb 2021) build King Ranch, PowerBoost, Max Tow, 360 cam, Blue Cruise Prep. It has OTA update 2.3.0. I needed Forscan to activate AuxCam, AuxCam in motion, and Trailer TPMS. I’ve tested the camera, it works great in the driveway. Cam works comparable to Job 1 bed cams, shows on left side of screen with 360 on the right. The TPMS also looks to be working (I can access the trailer settings and enter the programming step but won’t have the sensors installed in wheels until new tires come in).

I ordered from FordPartsHub.ca and they got the harness and the trailer kit to me in ~2weeks; if in Canada I’d give them a look.

Thanks again GChurch this is great!

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
If I have a new December build 2022 with MAX tow package, 360 cameras, Pro trailer system….but have a 2 wire harness, shouldn’t it be on the dealer to give me the correct harness?
The available features won’t work without it.

My propane tanks are in the way to use the sticker, so I need the transmitter, and also want the TPMS. Do I need the Ford camera to utilize the full assist?
Can I have all 3?
The Yaw sensor should have come with the the Tow Technology package, which I assume you have.

There is a post above with the part numbers for the othear stuff. SHort answer, you can get:
* TPMS only
* Trailer Camera only
* TPMS + Trailer Camera

All say they are compatible with the Yaw sensor (the trailer cable should have the connector for the Yaw plus whatever you are adding).

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I didn’t get the cable YAW sensor, just the sticker pack. Does the cable that connects to the bumper, on the trailer side, allow for multiple connections for each accessory?
Assuming I get the correct harness with more than 2 wires.

The Yaw sensor should have come with the the Tow Technology package, which I assume you have.

There is a post above with the part numbers for the othear stuff. SHort answer, you can get:
* TPMS only
* Trailer Camera only
* TPMS + Trailer Camera

All say they are compatible with the Yaw sensor (the trailer cable should have the connector for the Yaw plus whatever you are adding).

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I didn’t get the cable YAW sensor, just the sticker pack. Does the cable that connects to the bumper, on the trailer side, allow for multiple connections for each accessory?
Assuming I get the correct harness with more than 2 wires.
From the description on the TPMS only kit, yes. It stated it was compatible with the Yaw sensor and from the picture, it looked like there were two connectors on the trailer side cable.

I have the two wire trunck side harness, but received the Yaw sensor with the truck.

I admit I am guessing my way through this - Ford has created a mess it seems.

Sponsored

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
2022 built in Dec, KR PB 6.5', Max Tow, 360 Cam, Blue Cruise, etc.

No longer include Yaw Sensor ONLY stickers. Manual says you can purchase Yaw Sensor as Accessory from Ford.

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I looked at my trailer today and thought I may be able to put a YAW sticker on a section of 2x2 aluminum angle, and attach to the frame. I searched Google and found someone else had done it already with success.
This way I can get the camera and tpms package….along with the correct harness that has more than 2 wires.

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat 500A MaxTow 3.5L EB
Occupation
retired
No longer include Yaw Sensor ONLY stickers. Manual says you can purchase Yaw Sensor as Accessory from Ford.
That makes sense to me. I'm guessing the vast majority of owners don't use even the stickers. For Ford to ship a yaw sensor with every truck would be a huge waste of money on their part.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That makes sense to me. I'm guessing the vast majority of owners don't use even the stickers. For Ford to ship a yaw sensor with every truck would be a huge waste of money chips on their part.
There, I fixed it for you. :LOL:

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat 500A MaxTow 3.5L EB
Occupation
retired
There, I fixed it for you. :LOL:
Chips may be their primary concern but, considering how sensitive manufacturers are to any cost at all, they'll save additional money on the rest of it. The wires and housing aren't free.
Sponsored