• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trailer lights always on?

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Just towed for the first time in my 2021 Lariat. I noticed that when in drive the trailer marker lights and tail lights come on. When in park they go off. Doesn't seem to matter what I have the headlights set to (I am in Canada not sure if headlights are different here than in USA since daytime running lights are a law but generally the trailer lights won't be on unless the headlights are actually on, not just the running lights). Anyway, wondering if there is a way to disable this because it confuses the people behind me when my tail lights are on in the middle of the day
Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I think you can go into settings and turn the day time running lights off. You may try it to see if that cancels the trailer lights. Just for a test only. That way you will know how the voltage is getting to the trailer.

OP
OP

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
not sure you can do that in Canada since daytime running lights are the law

Jeremiah164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost; 2017 Ford Fusion
Just towed for the first time in my 2021 Lariat. I noticed that when in drive the trailer marker lights and tail lights come on. When in park they go off. Doesn't seem to matter what I have the headlights set to (I am in Canada not sure if headlights are different here than in USA since daytime running lights are a law but generally the trailer lights won't be on unless the headlights are actually on, not just the running lights). Anyway, wondering if there is a way to disable this because it confuses the people behind me when my tail lights are on in the middle of the day
As of Sept. 2021 all new vehicles must have tail lights that come on automatically with daytime running lights (due to people not turning on their lights at night). I'm guessing (haven't checked my truck) that the new f-150s already have this implemented which means your trailer lights would also come on.

maxinike

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 2021 ranger 2020
daytime running light cant be turned off in Canada. my 21 is doing same thing with park light on trailer when engine running.
Sponsored