• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody else notice the slight "Click" when starting off either in forward or reverse?

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Anyone have a successful service and fix of this? Were they able to do it in a day? Taking mine in next week and already have anxiety about leaving its side 😂
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
TSB 22-2395 has arrived.

"Ting, Pop Or Clicking Noise From The Front Or Rear Wheel Hub When Accelerating Or Applying
Brakes (Torque Reversals)
"

Now you've got something to discuss with your service advisor!

Enjoy!

Mike
If that TSB was released on November 28th, is it safe to assume all vehicles being produced since then also have the "Anti-Ting" devices installed?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
If that TSB was released on November 28th, is it safe to assume all vehicles being produced since then also have the "Anti-Ting" devices installed?
That's logical...but maybe it hasn't been integrated into the line yet.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
UPDATE: Fix completed using the TSB. Took them a day. Highly recommend getting this taken care of. My ears were trained into hearing it every time I accelerated that it is now jarringly quiet and smooth. Perfection!

Attachments

Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Got mine fixed today. I won’t say the clicking is completely gone but I’m starting to wonder if what I’m hearing now is a different click. At any rate it’s significantly quieter than before!

They did all 4 on mine and it took about 4-5 hours.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Got mine fixed today. I won’t say the clicking is completely gone but I’m starting to wonder if what I’m hearing now is a different click. At any rate it’s significantly quieter than before!

They did all 4 on mine and it took about 4-5 hours.
Oh interesting. The only other click I have is sometimes when I slow and it switches to regen. That's normal. Glad yours is much quieter though!

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Oh interesting. The only other click I have is sometimes when I slow and it switches to regen. That's normal. Glad yours is much quieter though!
Yeah it’s definitely something with the brake/regen system. Sounds like a relay to me.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah it’s definitely something with the brake/regen system. Sounds like a relay to me.
I don't think there's any noise when it switches from propulsion to regen...at least there shouldn't be.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Nerd
That's actually the whole issue..it's not the regen...it's not a relay...it's the axle halfshafts...and that's why they are adding the spring washer to the stub shafts at each wheel. Did I mention it's free?
I know, I had the TSB addressed at my dealer yesterday. Either the fix doesn’t work or I’m hearing a different click.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know, I had the TSB addressed at my dealer yesterday. Either the fix doesn’t work or I’m hearing a different click.
Well mine's in there this morning for the fix so we'll see....

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Nerd
So you're sure they did all 4 axle stubs?
Yes, and I’m sure because the first time I went in to have them install the washers they realized they didn’t order enough and I had to come back a second time. I’m about two hours away from my dealer so, it wasn’t fun 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, and I’m sure because the first time I went in to have them install the washers they realized they didn’t order enough and I had to come back a second time. I’m about two hours away from my dealer so, it wasn’t fun 🤦‍♂️
Ahhh..okay...just checking.

The Mach-E forum has seen a lot of posts where the member went in for a front axle halfshaft replacement due to the noise on tight turns.......and then had to go back two weeks later to have the other side done cause the car was still making noise. You'd think they would have checked both sides on the first visit.
Sponsored