• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone with the Charge Station Pro also charging an e-tron?

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
I'm waiting to receive my Charge Station Pro and before I install it I want to be sure that my e-tron will be able to pull electricity from it, even though it may not be able to charge at the pace that the Lightning will. My current charger is an ancient 15 amp Voltec that I had for my Chevy Volt at one time. It gives me about 10 miles of range per hour of charge. It will be going bye-bye when the CSP arrives. Any thoughts/help is much appreciated.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The CSP and your E-Tron both comply with J1772. It will work fine.

Thats my SWAG!

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I'm waiting to receive my Charge Station Pro and before I install it I want to be sure that my e-tron will be able to pull electricity from it, even though it may not be able to charge at the pace that the Lightning will. My current charger is an ancient 15 amp Voltec that I had for my Chevy Volt at one time. It gives me about 10 miles of range per hour of charge. It will be going bye-bye when the CSP arrives. Any thoughts/help is much appreciated.
The FCSP has a CCS connector, so as long as your car has a full CCS combo 1 connector, it *should* work without problems as it speaks J1772. I believe that's the case with the e-Tron.

I have tested it with charging a Tesla - but a modification is required. I took an old Tesla J1772 adapter and cut out the bottom of the connector ring so that the top half of the CCS connector would fit into it (otherwise, it blocked access). It charged the Tesla without a problem as well.

The FCSP will NOT charge some older EV's that do not have CCS DCFC capabilities, because the connector physically cannot plug in.

OP
OP
LSP

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The FCSP has a CCS connector, so as long as your car has a full CCS combo 1 connector, it *should* work without problems as it speaks J1772. I believe that's the case with the e-Tron.

I have tested it with charging a Tesla - but a modification is required. I took an old Tesla J1772 adapter and cut out the bottom of the connector ring so that the top half of the CCS connector would fit into it (otherwise, it blocked access). It charged the Tesla without a problem as well.

The FCSP will NOT charge some older EV's that do not have CCS DCFC capabilities, because the connector physically cannot plug in.
My e-tron is a 2021 and does have that connector (I believe 😬). Thanks!

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Yes, just confirmed with a friend of mine that his e-tron does indeed use a CCS connector and you should be able to charge from the FCSP. I'll see if I can get him over to try it sometime, but I expect it to work.

OP
OP
LSP

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, just confirmed with a friend of mine that his e-tron does indeed use a CCS connector and you should be able to charge from the FCSP. I'll see if I can get him over to try it sometime, but I expect it to work.
Great, thanks. That would give me piece of mind.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My e-tron is a 2021 and does have that connector (I believe 😬). Thanks!
Yes, it does. I’ve seen E-Trons charging on CCS DCFCs.

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
I test connected the CSP past weekend on 48 amps just to make sure it works before I moved it back to my basement. My Etron connected fine. Not tested at 80 amp though but should not be an issue. The car regulates how much juice it gets.
Sponsored