• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apple Watch Ultra - PAAK

ronestmn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Knowing Ford monitors this forum, I simply want to make the recommendation that using the Apple Watch Ultra for the PAAK feature would be incredibly beneficial. Being able to leave my phone behind and just use my watch for basic communication such as phone, text, Apple Pay, etc. is something I, and a growing number of friends, family, and colleagues are doing to disconnect from tech a little bit more often. It would be amazing if my truck key was there also. I could literally have nothing in my pockets, hop in the Lightning, and go!
Sponsored

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
Agreed. Same use case for me as well

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I would love that as well.

Rlevans

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F-150 Lightning
My Apple Watch is an older version and not cellular but the FordPass app on my watch has lock/ unlock start functions.
Would this be more functionality?

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
My Apple Watch is an older version and not cellular but the FordPass app on my watch has lock/ unlock start functions.
Would this be more functionality?
@Rlevans

have you tried without ford pass being active on your phone?

its just a relay.

so OP is looking for independent functionality into a standalone Apple Watch app.

doubtful - for the few people(I know millions own Apple Watches ⌚) that have Apple Watch, that would then want to use that function.
a couple of cases in point Ford could adopt car key, but doesn’t want to pay apple A royalty or give away user data.
based on useage of feature ford removes functionality (for better end user experience, cough, cough)
they are eliminating the paralell park assist on future vehicles - all the telematics all our ford vehicles send back to the mothership, they know how little features are used.

though I would use it, if available. I can make do with hiding my phone in truck(killing ford pass app) and using door keypad to get in.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
The current PAAK systems out there all have some flaws. I wish the PAAK for my Lightning would work without the app being open, as Tesla's does. I wish the Tesla PAAK, and others if made to work without the app being open, would have an easy way to deactivate or activate them. My phone is a key even if the phone is locked, so it's actually not a bad security feature to be able to close the FordPass app and then not have to worry about my key being active. They're less vulnerable to relay hacks than typical key fobs, but still a problem. Lots of security issues surrounding keyless entry. I wish my Lightning had a PIN to drive functionality like Tesla. Wish my Tesla had the passcode to start and drive without a key like my Ford...

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
There are a few 3rd party Apple Watch apps that enables Apple Watch to act as PaaK“. I use “Watch for Tesla“ iPhone app to activate my Model Ys. with my Apple Watch. It uses Bluetooth.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Knowing Ford monitors this forum, I simply want to make the recommendation that using the Apple Watch Ultra for the PAAK feature would be incredibly beneficial. Being able to leave my phone behind and just use my watch for basic communication such as phone, text, Apple Pay, etc. is something I, and a growing number of friends, family, and colleagues are doing to disconnect from tech a little bit more often. It would be amazing if my truck key was there also. I could literally have nothing in my pockets, hop in the Lightning, and go!
https://discord.com/channels/1172642880846844075/1179562152667910257/1179657033226670141

There is a guy out on Discord & Reddit that has created a bunch of Fordpass related shortcuts.

I believe you could map your Apple Watch Ultra "action" button to a "unlock/lock", but still would not serve as a full PAAK replacement, which I agree with you that I would love that as well.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
To me, automatic walkaway locking would be a bigger deal. I really like that my Teslas do this.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
To me, automatic walkaway locking would be a bigger deal. I really like that my Teslas do this.
^^^. Agreed. I heard it may be a future feature with an Over the Air update. Mustang Mach-E already has this feature.

Plus eliminating Start button where truck comes alive when you enter with a Phone and shuts down when you exit the truck

While we are at it I would love getting capability of “Dog Mode” with the Lightning like Tesla has.
Sponsored

Last edited: