• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are there any new features, looks or anything on 2023 Lightning compared to 2022?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I've tried searching for the answer but I don't see anything except a price hike difference. Is there anything different?
Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Get less?
Base price on all trims has gone up. Some features are unavailable due to parts shortages. Some color choices are different. But it's still mostly Ford's array of blue and grey.

Onboard scales and companion Smart Hitch system are no longer available. Trims that include this are credited $650.

Heated steering wheel is removed, $140 credit. There will be a retrofit kit to enable it later in '23, but details on that are not out yet.

Cabin security intrusion detection sensor is eliminated - $50 credit.

Most XLT and Lariat builds starting a few weeks ago are being shipped with the 20" all-terrain tires by default due to short supply of the 20" all-season.

Sponsored

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Is the ford Sync getting replaced with an Android system? I thought that was due on 2023, but it may be later.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
No AM radio for MY'23.

Love my AM radio as I use it a lot in my 2022.

Ford F-150 Lightning Are there any new features, looks or anything on 2023 Lightning compared to 2022? IMG_9385

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Is the ford Sync getting replaced with an Android system? I thought that was due on 2023, but it may be later.
We don't know what Ford is doing here. I'm not sure Ford knows what they're doing. The Sync system in the '22 and '23 Lightning runs on top of Android. Actually all Sync 4 units do and some of the more recent Sync 3 units as well.

But I think what many of us were hoping for is that Ford would integrate a full Android based UI system complete with Play Store access and all the other features we could benefit from in terms of communications and contacts, navigation, etc.. As GM has done with the latest Silverado pickup refresh or is offering in the Hummer EV. I think that is their plan to do away with Sync and go that route. We just don't know when... if... whatever... Knowing Ford, they will introduce it when they bring out their ground-up EV pickup design or when they give us the 2nd-generation Mach-E, or something major like that. I think the Lightning would have been a great time to give us this system, but it obviously wasn't ready yet and the Lightning is just expanding from the existing Mach-E platform, adapting to the existing F-150 design.

Sponsored

XLT Jeffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT SR
No AM radio for MY'23.

Love my AM radio as I use it a lot in my 2022.

IMG_9385.jpeg
Love AM radio and a warm steering wheel.

The same XLT trim for MY23 costs approximately $10k CAD more than what I paid. I think that would put me out from wanting one TBH.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yeah, that too. I left it on my order as I moved to '23, but wish I hadn't now that I've learned how crappy it is.
Had I been given that option, I would have rather saved $500 on a charger that I have never used in my '22.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Yeah, that too. I left it on my order as I moved to '23, but wish I hadn't now that I've learned how crappy it is.
same here. I did it mainly for the convenience of having it available day one and not having to research what to buy

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Only changes I'm aware of:

-No AM Radio
-Pro model has heated seats
-Windshield has a 75th anniversary logo at the top
-Mobile Charger no longer included ($500 add-on
-2 new colors

(And then the multiple deletes as noted above)
Sponsored