• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Avalanche Lightning Arrived. It honestly just looks white.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
I'm curious if you drove the Lightning before making your decision to cancel.
do you still have your bronco ? I too had a 21 bronco 2.7 SAS and kept it for about 8 months.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
do you still have your bronco ? I too had a 21 bronco 2.7 SAS and kept it for about 8 months.
Yes we still have it. We have a ‘22 Wildtrak and it’s going great. We also have an expedition because we need one vehicle with at least 6 seats.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Yes we still have it. We have a ‘22 Wildtrak and it’s going great. We also have an expedition because we need one vehicle with at least 6 seats.
We still have a Yukon for the same reason but honestly now that we have the lightning all other cars seem really lethargic.
Really would like ford to get an expedition EV going pretty soon - judging by the Rivian R1T - not sure the R1S will be big enough 3rd row but we shall see

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
It is the same color as Blainestang mentioned. The paint code is the same and the color matches the previous versions of Avalanche. If Ford changed the shade they would also change the paint code.

Never trust online images. Color settings on phones/tablets/monitors are not always properly calibrated and shades of grey are a common color that gets messed up.
Huh? that makes no sense. It’s the same screenshots. Those colors aren’t close

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I never trust manufactures' photos or renderings to pick colors. The images and the actual color never look the same to me because all of the lightning and shading etc... I am one of those guys that have to see a color in person.
Try to see all the lightning colors before ordering. Tough if not impossible. Especially for new 23 colors when you have to order before any have been built.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
We have a Volvo XC90 phev for when we need to carry more people (infrequently) or will be driving into a place with not enough charging or driving on busy travel days. It has driven maybe 400 miles since early October when I got the lightning. If the price of used cars was still where it was 6 to 8 months ago we may have parted with the xc90. My children are 11 and 13, so we don't NEED a 3rd car yet, but we are not that far away from that time. After reading about the charging woes over the past week I am glad to have an ice option (mostly because my wife would not be be very tolerant of poor charging. Not so much the time for us to charge (30-40 minutes) but waiting for many others to charge first (possibly hours)).

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
I bought the cheap XLT SR with the black door handles. They seem to make the Avalanche “pop” as more white…

…actually it kinda looks like the new space white color.

$65,300 OTD is also way better than $100K

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I bought the cheap XLT SR with the black door handles. They seem to make the Avalanche “pop” as more white…

…actually it kinda looks like the new space white color.

$65,300 OTD is also way better than $100K
Yeah, Avalanche looks a lot like Space White, just not metallic. It would be cool to get an Oxford White, Space White, Avalanche, Ionic Silver, etc. all in one place. Maybe an old Avalanche Raptor, too, to confirm they look the same (although paint code seems to confirm it).

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Yeah, Avalanche looks a lot like Space White, just not metallic. It would be cool to get an Oxford White, Space White, Avalanche, Ionic Silver, etc. all in one place. Maybe an old Avalanche Raptor, too, to confirm they look the same (although paint code seems to confirm it).
To me, the weirdest thing is that even if the avalanche paint color is exactly the same every time, Ford's own website has different shades depending on what model you are buying. And when I saw mine in person, it looked just like the rendering of the ICE model in avalanche, but it did not look like the rendering of the lightning model in avalanche. That's super strange to me.

Obviously it's better to be able to see them all in person. Maybe Ford could send swatches to the dealership or something. haha

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
To me, the weirdest thing is that even if the avalanche paint color is exactly the same every time, Ford's own website has different shades depending on what model you are buying. And when I saw mine in person, it looked just like the rendering of the ICE model in avalanche, but it did not look like the rendering of the lightning model in avalanche. That's super strange to me.

Obviously it's better to be able to see them all in person. Maybe Ford could send swatches to the dealership or something. haha
Yeah, some brands have those "swatches". Oh, in fact, I know the Bronco did because they were water bottles or spare fuel tanks or something. Here, found a pic. They had these at the Bronco Off-rodeo thing I went to (not the one you get for buying one, just a 1-hour version).

Ford F-150 Lightning Avalanche Lightning Arrived.  It honestly just looks white. ford-bronco-paint-colors-on-gas-cans

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Got the “old” Avalanche vs “new” Avalanche pic this morning!

Ford F-150 Lightning Avalanche Lightning Arrived.  It honestly just looks white. 4CD51540-7D09-438E-9826-86CF7B94F5F2
Sponsored