• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro finally arrived!

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
As the title states, it has arrived after a short 6 weeks of owning the truck. I did a quick search and couldnt find any information on the white plastic cover on the front of the charger. It came in the box not fastened and it seems to be a series of cleats the snap the white cover into the black charger. I havent gave it much force, but it doesnt seem to want to clip in. Anyone have this problem? I am trying to figure this out quickly because if its broken, Ill need to contact sunrun for a replacement.
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW 528, Porsche 928
Occupation
Sales Leader
6 weeks? eek. After speaking with Sunrun on Wed, mine will supposedly be in the mail shortly...we will see.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Mine was delivered 2 weeks to the day of taking delivery of my truck...

Still in the box until I have all the necessary electrical work done. Need panel and service upgrade and a nasty long wire run for a new sub panel in the garage. Ugh...

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Anyone have this problem? I am trying to figure this out quickly because if its broken, Ill need to contact sunrun for a replacement.
I remember it taking a bit of force to get it to both clip and unclip. I would just make sure everything looks lined up and that the clips and holes are intact before starting.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
It came in the box not fastened and it seems to be a series of cleats the snap the white cover into the black charger.
This happened to someone else on the forums. It was difficult getting a replacement cover and I'm not sure what the eventual outcome was. Based on the travails the other poster detailed between sunrun and Ford and 'cosmetic damage', I would call and report concealed shipping damage and try to get a unit swap.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
glad I ordered a mobile charger. intended to be a backup but glad I will have it if SunRun delays my FCSP

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
As the title states, it has arrived after a short 6 weeks of owning the truck. I did a quick search and couldnt find any information on the white plastic cover on the front of the charger. It came in the box not fastened and it seems to be a series of cleats the snap the white cover into the black charger. I havent gave it much force, but it doesnt seem to want to clip in. Anyone have this problem? I am trying to figure this out quickly because if its broken, Ill need to contact sunrun for a replacement.
The Install guide on page 7 talks about opening the cover and on page 16 about replacing the cover - it unsnaps via "Hand Pulls" so maybe that info helps? The image of snaping bakc on shows where to push:

"The unit can be left in box to protect from any
scratches or debris. Using both hands, Place
thumbs on inner Black Cover and fingers into Hand
Pulls located on sides of unit to unsnap and
remove the decorative cover and place aside. DO
NOT PLACE COVER FACE DOWN ON ANY ABRASIVE
SURFACES."

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro finally arrived! 1706717509563

Good luck!
Sponsored