• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Percentage "stuck" at 100%

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
I brought my 2022 SR Lariat to the dealer two days ago and they performed the dash mat, rear light bar and BECM fixes. I picked the truck up yesterday and they apparently charged it to 100% while it was there. I drove it home and did some other errands which probably put 15 or so miles on it but the battery percentage still says 100%. I would estimate that 15 miles on my SR would at least drop the battery 5%. I'm a bit concerned that they screwed something up. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I noticed that when charged to 100% it takes significantly longer for the charge % to start to move. I have an ER.

OP
OP

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Let's hope! Thanks.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I brought my 2022 SR Lariat to the dealer two days ago and they performed the dash mat, rear light bar and BECM fixes. I picked the truck up yesterday and they apparently charged it to 100% while it was there. I drove it home and did some other errands which probably put 15 or so miles on it but the battery percentage still says 100%. I would estimate that 15 miles on my SR would at least drop the battery 5%. I'm a bit concerned that they screwed something up. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?
Are you saying 100% on the dash fuel gauge dial, the calm screen, in the settings, the app, or everywhere?

Yeah definitely should have shown you dropped unless the tech were able to allow the BMS to charge into the “unusable” portion.

OP
OP

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you saying 100% on the dash fuel gauge dial, the calm screen, in the settings, the app, or everywhere?

Yeah definitely should have shown you dropped unless the tech were able to allow the BMS to charge into the “unusable” portion.
Yes - every location for a battery percentage shows 100%. The range has changed a bit since I've been driving, but has hovered around 250 mi.

Sponsored

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I've noticed this also since the last update. I've also noticed that the truck even slows down the charge rate on my home charging curve getting to 100% (a/c Charging).

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
Both my lightning and my previous mach e would hold 100% for the first 15 miles or so.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This is perfectly normal. I have driven over 10mi before on 100% since I had my truck over a year. What happens? Here is the algorithm for battery percent is dependent partially on temperature. As you start driving, the battery starts warming up giving it essentially over 100% capacity as the truck algorithm calculates it. Therefore, you are stuck at seeing 100% for a while because it cannot display above 100%.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Good afternoon! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

OP
OP

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good afternoon! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.
Thanks for reaching out. It seems fine now. I rarely charge it to 100%, so didn't expect it to stay at 100% for so long.
Sponsored