• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BedRug Impact Mat length issue

fedie0007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
IT
I purchased the BedRug Impact Mat with tailgate cover from Realtruck and it seems too short and doesn't cover the entire tailgate.
https://realtruck.com/p/bedrug-impact-bed-mat/v/ford/f150-lightning/2023/

I was wondering if anyone else has purchased this and can confirm this is by design. All the online pictures clearly show that it covers the whole tailgate.
I have the XLT with the basic tailgate so maybe this tailgate is different than the fancier ones. Mine had about 2 inches of metal on my tailgate exposed and I was assuming it would go all the way to the plastic tailgate topper. Once it is installed there is clearly no play to move it in any direction. I ended up trimming it in the bed so I could pull it back further on the tailgate, but it is still about 1 inch short as shown in the picture.

Ford F-150 Lightning BedRug Impact Mat length issue 20240423_173231
Ford F-150 Lightning BedRug Impact Mat length issue 20240423_172927

My tailgate is 22 inches long and the bedrug tailgate piece is only 19.5 inches long. I didn't measure the connector between the tailgate cover and the bed cover. I can't believe I am the only one disappointed by this and am thinking something about mine just isn't right. Am I crazy?
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I've got the original full rug and I think it extends only a little bit more, but I think they tend to leave that space so it doesn't interfere with the clamps or truck covers.

Here's what mine looks like, and as you can see, if the rug went a little further, it would definitely block the seal for the cover and clamp.
Ford F-150 Lightning BedRug Impact Mat length issue IMG_1212

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Wondering why the OP didn't call Bedrug before cutting anything...

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
Mine fits correctly, you should get a replacement.

OP
OP

fedie0007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the comparisons. The manufacturer finally got back to me. After sending them some more pics and measurements they told me that the connector material between the two pieces was too short. It was only 4.5" and is supposed to be 6".
They sent me a return label and it was picked up by FedEx and delivered to Bedrug on Monday. They closed my ticket, but I sure hope they let me know when they send the new one.

Sponsored

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Thanks for the comparisons. The manufacturer finally got back to me. After sending them some more pics and measurements they told me that the connector material between the two pieces was too short. It was only 4.5" and is supposed to be 6".
They sent me a return label and it was picked up by FedEx and delivered to Bedrug on Monday. They closed my ticket, but I sure hope they let me know when they send the new one.
I'm glad to see that BedRug was able to assist you with getting a new product out to replace the flawed one. Did you ever receive the new one and get it installed?

OP
OP

fedie0007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
IT
Did you ever receive the new one and get it installed?
I just got back from vacation hoping it would be on my porch but it has not arrived yet. I reached back out to support and it sounds like they are out of stock until next week.
Perhaps all of this impact mat version were too short for the Lightning and they had to change the specs at manufacturing. Or I was just unlucky and they are now out of stock. Either way it should be fixed soon.