• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BedRug Install

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Had one of these in a couple past trucks. Good quality, but with a soft roll-up tonneau, I just couldn't keep it dry enough here in Oregon. Opted for a Weathertech custom-cut mat (they call it a "tray" because the sides go up about 3") for the last few trucks.

OP
OP

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Had one of these in a couple past trucks. Good quality, but with a soft roll-up tonneau, I just couldn't keep it dry enough here in Oregon. Opted for a Weathertech custom-cut mat (they call it a "tray" because the sides go up about 3") for the last few trucks.
Funnily enough, I'm also in Oregon ;) - But I am planning on putting fully electric, aluminum Retrax Pro XR on my truck too (should arrive tomorrow!)

Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Funnily enough, I'm also in Oregon ;) - But I am planning on putting fully electric, aluminum Retrax Pro XR on my truck too (should arrive tomorrow!)
Awesome; we considered one of those, but have used the same model of tonneau on our trucks for the last 13 years...change is bad, ya know. ;)

That being said, if you do an install video, maybe I can sell my wife on the idea of the Retrax... :D

OP
OP

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Awesome; we considered one of those, but have used the same model of tonneau on our trucks for the last 13 years...change is bad, ya know. ;)

That being said, if you do an install video, maybe I can sell my wife on the idea of the Retrax... :D
Pretty sure there *will* be one - although (checks the weather forecast) it looks like rain for the next 12 days!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I installed a Full Bedrug easily as soon as I received my PRO back in Aug '22... works and feels great, and even easy to sleep on, even without a mattress, if you're up to it... it's so much better on your knees, too...

my Tri-Fold HARD tonno keeps it mostly dry, but none of these covers are totally weatherproof... but it dries out pretty easily...

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Hey everyone!
Just did a BedRug install video. Hope it helps someone!

I absolutely LOVE BedRugs. I'm on my second one now, and I can't imagine not having one.

I just cut holes for the switches and the outlets. In my previous truck, I pulled everything out like you did but struggled getting them to snap back.

The best things about a BedRug:

It protects the bed.
It keeps things from moving around in the bed.
Even when things shift, they move smoother and don't make a lot of noise.
It also protects things IN your bed from scratches, like bicycles.
It's comfortable on your knees.

Ford F-150 Lightning BedRug Install IMG_1206

Sponsored

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Well done! Thank you for taking the time to video and share.
Obviously, your dogs love it as will ours.
We decided to go with a topper / canopy this time around so that the dogs can ride back there as well. The available window / doors on the side will be great for them. Go Beavers