• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Assist (Public Charging) is Rolling Out!

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I noticed the Charge Assist on my app screen for the first time today while driving bac bk from the dealer having had the BCM update applied (23B57). It's possible that it has been there for a shore time before today and I didn't notice. In any event, it has finally shown up for me.
Sponsored

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
Has anyone figured out why some of us do not have the icon yet? Also, any fix?

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
Hey everyone, I called Ford and I am told that this feature is limited to Fleet customers, are all of you who have the "Charge Assist" icon Fleet customers?

Thanks!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hey everyone, I called Ford and I am told that this feature is limited to Fleet customers, are all of you who have the "Charge Assist" icon Fleet customers?

Thanks!
No - and likely very few if any fleet customers on this site. Almost all individual owners. Many of us have Charge Assist.

Sponsored

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
No - and likely very few if any fleet customers on this site. Almost all individual owners. Many of us have Charge Assist.
Thank you for the reply. For some reason, I do not have this feature on my '23 Lariat and Ford is telling me this is limited to Fleet customers which I did not agree with based on this consumer forum.

Any idea how I can get this enabled on my truck?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Thank you for the reply. For some reason, I do not have this feature on my '23 Lariat and Ford is telling me this is limited to Fleet customers which I did not agree with based on this consumer forum.

Any idea how I can get this enabled on my truck?
Just as soon as they push out the new Sync UI OTA (it's 6.14 on Mach-Es) you'll then get it as the re-named "Public Charging" app on the home menu.

Sponsored

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
My concern is that I will not get it because I don’t have public charging or char assist on mine?!

Somehow, some of us are being missed and Ford has no idea how this works when I call their reps. They all tell me to wait for the next software release which we know based on earlier in this thread is not a part of an OTA update.

Last edited:

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
I still don’t have Charge Assist or Public Charge after receiving about 5 updates since Charge Assust was rolled out. I’m not sure why. I’m not hugely disappointed as I use PlugShare and the EA app to get the member rate (will probably switch to the Supercharger network subscription whenever my adapter arrives). However, it concerns me that some trucks are being skipped because if they ever release Dog Mode I certainly want that!

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
Just as soon as they push out the new Sync UI OTA (it's 6.14 on Mach-Es) you'll then get it as the re-named "Public Charging" app on the home menu.
Thanks. Does this mean that I should expect a OTA update on my Lightning to enable the newer version of the app and not try to ask for the server side enablement of the older version?

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Owners – Charging is about to get even better with another way to activate your charge experience!

Now, with Charge Assist, soon to be known as Public Charging, you will be able to search for and start a public charging session on the BlueOval® Charge Network right from your vehicle’s touchscreen. The best part? You now have the option to use either the vehicle’s touchscreen or the FordPass App on your phone to charge your car and complete a payment. This is especially helpful if you need to lend your car to a friend!

You will also be able to filter charging stations by charging speed and network and have a more seamless way to receive real-time information on new chargers, like availability and those in-repair all from inside your vehicle.

Just like you could before, you can still use the FordPass App – we are just giving you more choices for how you charge. As a reminder, the BlueOval Charge Network, North America’s largest public charging network by an automaker, is a “network of networks” that provides Ford EV drivers with access to a variety of charging providers without the need for multiple apps and memberships. Charging providers currently include Shell Recharge Solutions, Electrify America, EVgo, ChargePoint, FLO, Blink, EV Connect, and Electric Circuit, with more on the way.

If you aren’t enrolled in BlueOval Charge Network no problem. You will see a QR code on the screen that will prompt you to enroll.

Below is a guide of how to use the new feature and you can find more information here. Let us know what you think!

How To Use Charge Assist:

Navigating to a Public Charger:

1. Select Home button
  2. Tap Charge Assist
  3. Adjust filters if desired then tap charger location for details
  4. Click the distance button to navigate to charger. Once you are at the charging location, click I’m Here Now

Start a Charging Session:
  1. Select Home button
  2. Tap Charge Assist
  3. Match charging stall name to the one you are parked at and click Activate
  4. Plug in the charger once you see the prompt change
  5. Charging will begin! When the blue bar reaches desired state of charge press stop
  6. Unplug the charger one the prompt appears
10224.PNG

Would really like to have this feature (and several others dependent on OTA updates) on my truck but it's still not arrived!

I called Ford Customer Service and they told me my truck has no scheduled updates, very disappointing to hear given I was on version 6.2.0. They then told me that doesn't mean I won't get the updates they just can't see when they're scheduled to be sent to my truck. Told me to ask my dealer to do a manual update. Brought truck to dealer to have a CSP done and asked them to do a manual update on all software whilst there. They told me they have been told by Ford not to do manual software updates!!!

What gives???

Everybody seems to want to pass the buck???

Ford have a lot of work to do in relation to updates and their deployment. There is absolutely no reason why the OTA deployments can be sent to all owners at the same time!!!

Frustrated!!!

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
Would really like to have this feature (and several others dependent on OTA updates) on my truck but it's still not arrived!

I called Ford Customer Service and they told me my truck has no scheduled updates, very disappointing to hear given I was on version 6.2.0. They then told me that doesn't mean I won't get the updates they just can't see when they're scheduled to be sent to my truck. Told me to ask my dealer to do a manual update. Brought truck to dealer to have a CSP done and asked them to do a manual update on all software whilst there. They told me they have been told by Ford not to do manual software updates!!!

What gives???

Everybody seems to want to pass the buck???

Ford have a lot of work to do in relation to updates and their deployment. There is absolutely no reason why the OTA deployments can be sent to all owners at the same time!!!

Frustrated!!!
I agree 100%. Talking with Ford is a nightmare. Nobody knows anything and I can tell everyone who has tried to help me has not driven one of these vehicles.

Is it Ford's goal to keep everyone up and current or are there batches holding some of us back months?

BTW, I received 4.2.11 all the way to 6.2, and the Super Charger update last night. I hope they snap me current and keep me/us there!
Sponsored