• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Is there any way to get the truck/FCSP to output HVDC without using the Sunrun equipment? Is turning this output on controlled by the truck or the FCSP?
1. No
2. The FCSP sends a signal to the truck to turn on the DC. If the truck agrees, it turns on the DC. I call it joint control.
Sponsored

v2h8484

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The white paper for the Enphase V2G system suggests a system that is quite a bit more versatile than the Ford HIS system. I hope it is compatible with the F150L.
It always sounds better on paper ... just like the HIS did. Highly unlikely Enphase will work with F150L or any existing EV's. Ioniq 5 also supports V2L using a proprietary protocol and now Cybertruck just came out with V2H but also using a proprietary protocol. The idea that car and solar equipment makers (Enphase included) will voluntarily use standards based protocols that work with third-party equipment appears less and less likely. They all want to lock customers into their proprietary products. The only hope maybe government mandated standards to force open interoperability.

deltacap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Lariat ER
You are probably right. I have a inquiry in to Enphase as to their system's compatibility with the F150L. It seems the only proprietary protocol they need to overcome would be turning on HVDC output from the F150L on demand. It would be a shame if Ford would limit the usefulness of the F150L in V2H to a single product that by most reports doesn't work very well, if at all, and seems limited in functionality to being little more than a generator on wheels.

v2h8484

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
You are probably right. I have a inquiry in to Enphase as to their system's compatibility with the F150L. It seems the only proprietary protocol they need to overcome would be turning on HVDC output from the F150L on demand. It would be a shame if Ford would limit the usefulness of the F150L in V2H to a single product that by most reports doesn't work very well, if at all, and seems limited in functionality to being little more than a generator on wheels.
Not sure what Enphase or any third-party bidirectional chargers (e.g. dcBel, Wallbox) can do if Ford doesn't provide access and support. It's similar to the situation that people have been complaining about third-party integration/control with Enphase solar equipment. It's not an accident that third-party bidirectional chargers cannot integrate fully with Enphase solar equipment but the Enphase charger will. Everyone thinks they can be the next Apple.

deltacap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Lariat ER
I heard back from Enphase with a non-answer answer to my question. They referred me to their literature, which doesn't answer the question, or suggested I contact my solar installer, who hasn't heard of the Enphase V2G system. I guess we will just have to wait until further details are known.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I heard back from Enphase with a non-answer answer to my question. They referred me to their literature, which doesn't answer the question, or suggested I contact my solar installer, who hasn't heard of the Enphase V2G system. I guess we will just have to wait until further details are known.
It’s just EE…how hard could it be?
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install 1702406146686

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Hey guys. Great to hear that some of u went through the steps and it worked. Question regarding the HIS activation in the truck. Does the dealership have to activate Intelligent Backup Power? Can it be active it without buying an actual Sunrun system just yet? Thks
Sponsored