• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Follow up on some details…

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install F3AB6A62-3800-4B35-80DF-2C4EB254CCB6

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install C4D7283F-A8E8-4098-82BF-8BF073F02BC3

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install F67F1DB4-DD06-47AC-932D-72965D896292

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install 1AA873F7-C47A-4828-BCCF-028AF63111AF

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install A58B6B85-DC30-4152-A2A9-D88803F63529

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install 544BE787-C72B-4977-9E56-0ED5C5F09F30

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install 90F6745D-0DD8-481B-8AD6-55ABABF749DA

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install E945AD1F-8B4C-48F2-ABFB-64AED3E88D5B

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install EFCBE4F5-5C37-4D29-8BDB-7E8BD1C58173

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install F4BABC7E-589A-4A46-818D-AA6AEE9E76C8
Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
that’s a laugh!

Ford knows nothing about these systems
Yeah, I am more looking for "WHO" to talk to more than anything... I.e. I know this is not a PUD or electrician thing since the system has been permitted and everything is ready to go. The only two parties that are left are SunRun and Ford (or maybe Delta) as to WHO could answer this. Since its the FordPass app, SunRun is saying its Ford. Ford denies any responsibility for this (like you are inferring)... But ultimately, its Fords and SunRuns name n the box that has the issue. And since SunRun does not care enough to have anyone on this forum, I thought I would throw @Ford Motor Company in the post at the very least. On to twitter....

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Yeah, I am more looking for "WHO" to talk to more than anything... I.e. I know this is not a PUD or electrician thing since the system has been permitted and everything is ready to go. The only two parties that are left are SunRun and Ford (or maybe Delta) as to WHO could answer this. Since its the FordPass app, SunRun is saying its Ford. Ford denies any responsibility for this (like you are inferring)... But ultimately, its Fords and SunRuns name n the box that has the issue. And since SunRun does not care enough to have anyone on this forum, I thought I would throw @Ford Motor Company in the post at the very least. On to twitter....
Have you tried the reseller?

Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you tried the reseller?
Twitter has been somewhat fruitful. Levine responded to contact SunRun. SunRun responded with a DM request asking for my electricians info. Progress??? Probably not but hey... Something.

See... Twitter is good for something.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, apparently what is happening from a SunRun field tech who has been awesome is that for SunRun managed states, there is process gap. Fordpass has to verify with its partners that the equipment has been installed and signed off by utilities before allowing the app to use it. This data flows through SunRun to Ford. For us out of those states, we can either contact Ford or ask SunRun to input the data and register the equipment so that it flows through the process normally. So while it has not happened yet, there is some progress. If I can get good information on how to do this for others, I will post it. FYI @Wombat

Wombat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Well, apparently what is happening from a SunRun field tech who has been awesome is that for SunRun managed states, there is process gap. Fordpass has to verify with its partners that the equipment has been installed and signed off by utilities before allowing the app to use it. This data flows through SunRun to Ford. For us out of those states, we can either contact Ford or ask SunRun to input the data and register the equipment so that it flows through the process normally. So while it has not happened yet, there is some progress. If I can get good information on how to do this for others, I will post it. FYI @Wombat
Thanks yed19,

Im back in town and my next step is trying for permission to operate a generator, since no solar on this meter. on review I did find a wiring error. I have since moved the FCSP off the critical load panel. 🫣. Now the Backup power for the house kicks on after few minutes.
Intelligent power is another thing.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Nice. We are designing a 24kW Enphase solar system so don't think the higher on-grid models offer any advantage. They all will do the 9.6Kw to home and the FCSP takes care of all the car charging. I just can't deal with Sunrun anymore. I tried over and over... Even now after I've cut any projects with them, lost in UPS dark start battery and it's going on a month they are trying to replace it but back ordered. Just crazy.
Hello PiMatrix, and thank you for starting this thread and keeping up with it.

I got my Lariat ER a few weeks ago. So far I am using 120V charging at night, and going to a 27Kw "fast" charger nearby when needed. I have Enphase solar (with IQ6 microinverters) on my roof now, but the 35kWh it produces on a good day does not come anywhere near keeping up with the demand at my house.

That said, the main reason I reserved a Lightning 1.5 years ago was the power backup. Having learned about the HIS and its cost and complexity, I almost didn't buy the truck. Now I am trying to figure out what to do for charging and backup power.

So, my goals would be:

1. Be able to charge from 30% to 90% at home overnight. 48a would be okay. 80a better.
2. Use the truck in brief outages to power lights and refrigeration, and maybe one of the 3 A/C's.
3. Have the option to have the solar in use during power outages. Not currently possible.

I also am going to have a plug for a 9kW generator that I already own. An option for longer (hurricane) outages.

I got a quote for the full set-up--(FCSP, 14-50 plug on 50A circuit next to it, inlet for power from 240 in bed to house, etc.)-- without the HIS. Very expensive, so I balked. I'm kinda dating this truck right now. Not ready to marry it by spending $10K on electrical upgrades that I won't use if I sell it.

With your experience with Enphase, and my goals in mind, do you have any suggestions for me?

I may not have given you enough information, so feel free to ask.

Here is the proposal from the electrician, which may add some insight.

1. Rebuild and upgrade electrical service to 400 amp capacity. Electrical service
voltage will be 120 240v single phase
2. But there will be two 200-amp main breaker boxes on the outside of the house to
control existing exterior circuits
3. Install a 50 amp 240 volt circuit for car charger . Customer is responsible for
providing charger (this would be for the mobile charger)
4. Install 100 amp 240 volt circuit for car charger. Customer is responsible for
providing charger (for FCSP)
5. Install a 30 amp generator outlet on the inside of house and one directly on the
outside . Customer is responsible for providing generator sources and extension
cords . Both of these outlets will be wired on the same circuit. Either outlet can be
used in case of an outage but not both at the same time
6. A 60 amp three pole double throw switch will be located outside by electrical
service. Generator outlets will be wired into this switch. In case of an outage
generator will be able to power up interior breaker boxes that are supplying
power to all 120 volt plug and light circuits throughout the house. (I need to ask him if we can add an A/C to this, and if the Lightning would power it.) The purpose of
a 3 pole switch is in order to isolate the neutrals and grounds so that there will
not be an issue with the power source coming from the Ford Lightning
7. Existing electrical service is 200 amp 3-phase.This means that power company
will likely have to do some new work at the pole. Electrical contractor is not
responsible for paying any fees that may or may not happen on behalf of power
company

8. Existing equipment to solar power system will remain and electrical contractor
will hook that back up into the electrical service

Thanks in advance.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Quick Question: Is anybody not using a subpanel? And if not, how did you connect the microgrid interconnecting device?

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
3. Have the option to have the solar in use during power outages. Not currently possible.
Just curious... how often do you get power outages?

When I thought about this... I simply came to the conclusion the juice is not worth the squeeze in trying to have a setup that did not require disconnecting my solar during a power outage and losing that potential power generation.

My solar produces similar daily production. 30 to 40Kwh average. Lower in winter, higher in summer.

If I had 7 days of total power outage in a year (I havent had that total in 20 years) that would still be only ~$40 worth of electricity a year at my kWh rates. (40 x 7 x $0.14)

An electrician spending 4 hours on it would be $350 to $600 just for labor. That is not even a 10% ROI in that (what I would call extreme) case scenario.

Furthermore for full HIS is $10k really worth all that to handcuff your truck to your house?

Just run the Gas Generator. If it's too loud build a noise dampening enclosure. It would be way way cheaper.

I have 200 amp service with manual interlock and 50amp Generator Inlet.
I have 100amp FCSP (installed for $1k)
I have a portable gas generator 9,500 / 12,000w (bought for $900)

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I recently had solar installed with IQ8+ inverters, and in the next year enphase is planning on releasing their own smart V2H and V2G bidirectional charger. I'll already have my FCSP, but this at least provides competitive products. Enphase is known for their inverters and software, so I'm excited to see what their charger looks like.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I recently had solar installed with IQ8+ inverters, and in the next year enphase is planning on releasing their own smart V2H and V2G bidirectional charger. I'll already have my FCSP, but this at least provides competitive products. Enphase is known for their inverters and software, so I'm excited to see what their charger looks like.
Did you see this announcement yesterday?

https://enphase.com/ev-chargers/bidirectional

It looks like what I’m looking for and it looks like, unlike the SunRun HIS, it will work with EVs up to 1000v
Hopefully the Lightning will be compatible with the ISO standard for bi-directional charging.
Sponsored