• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System self-install

OP
OP

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
FBE4659C-6E89-42F0-960E-43F01EB969F5.jpeg
Any thoughts on what this entails?
It seems like those instructions are for SunRun installs. Maybe call them and ask how it is done when your own electrician is doing install? Or maybe they want to keep track of all activations.

Do you see anything in the FordPass App about activating the system?
Sponsored

Last edited:

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I think that the PTO (permission to operate) is in reference to a solar installation. You should not need any utility permission to run the backup system that only runs your home while disconnecting itself for the grid. We just had a solar installation and our PTO came from the utility when they installed their solar meter (would have been nice if they flipped the switch on the solar disconnect so that it start that day when they were done, not when I got home and saw the meter in the socket).

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I think that the PTO (permission to operate) is in reference to a solar installation. You should not need any utility permission to run the backup system that only runs your home while disconnecting itself for the grid. We just had a solar installation and our PTO came from the utility when they installed their solar meter (would have been nice if they flipped the switch on the solar disconnect so that it start that day when they were done, not when I got home and saw the meter in the socket).
In many cases, interconnection policies require that the PoCo get the opportunity to evaluate any backup power install for safety purposes, even in the case where you're creating a microgrid that is expected to isolate itself.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
In many cases, interconnection policies require that the PoCo get the opportunity to evaluate any backup power install for safety purposes, even in the case where you're creating a microgrid that is expected to isolate itself.
Cool, thanks! It does make sense that someone signs off that you are not wired improperly and are going to kill unsuspecting linemen.

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Y’all giving me (peen)HIS envy

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks. What about just feeding a Sol Ark generator port from the 240V Lightning outlet while I wait for a 10kW version of the HIS?
I don’t know enough about either to comment. Maybe someone else will weigh in.

Sponsored

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
Ever get the home integration system going?

OP
OP

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Nice. We are designing a 24kW Enphase solar system so don't think the higher on-grid models offer any advantage. They all will do the 9.6Kw to home and the FCSP takes care of all the car charging. I just can't deal with Sunrun anymore. I tried over and over... Even now after I've cut any projects with them, lost in UPS dark start battery and it's going on a month they are trying to replace it but back ordered. Just crazy.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Nice. We are designing a 24kW Enphase solar system so don't think the higher on-grid models offer any advantage. They all will do the 9.6Kw to home and the FCSP takes care of all the car charging. I just can't deal with Sunrun anymore. I tried over and over... Even now after I've cut any projects with them, lost in UPS dark start battery and it's going on a month they are trying to replace it but back ordered. Just crazy.
I suppose there could be advantage if you connected stationary storage into a DC port or wanted to use the full truck battery to inject power into the grid if that every becomes opened up and worthwhile in the future. However, probably no real advantage for most who don't use the inverter as a solar inverter.
Sponsored