• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ChargePoint, Electrify America

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
I am confused. I thought the OP's question was about being able set up the App for his personal ChargePoint Home Flex charger. Does the charging station need to know what vehicle it is pumping electrons into so it charges at an optimum rate?
No, not at all. The app has some data graphs and it uses their defined vehicles to tailor the data and estimates. The vehicles defined in the app are outdated. I know with my wife's car the current model isn't even in the app. Does not affect the charing. Best thing the charger keeps track of is the power used, so you can track your usage.
Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the original question.
Actually it does.
The OP doesn't need to have a choice of F150 yet and even if there is a choice it is not required to have. The charger doesn't care what it plugs into unless one wants to charge via the connection.