• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Electrify America Pass+

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
For those of you that have signed up for the Electrify America Pass+ for a month, then immediately cancelled so you only get charged for the one month, I have a couple of questions

Does the month start on the day that you signed up? If I sign up on the 20th does the membership rate last until the 20th of the next month?

Is the member rate reflected immediately or is there a lag between signing up and receiving the rate on your first charge?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Thank you.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
For those of you that have signed up for the Electrify America Pass+ for a month, then immediately cancelled so you only get charged for the one month, I have a couple of questions

Does the month start on the day that you signed up? If I sign up on the 20th does the membership rate last until the 20th of the next month?

Is the member rate reflected immediately or is there a lag between signing up and receiving the rate on your first charge?
As soon as you see the $4 charge on your account, you will get the discount rate. Once they, EA, charges your credit card, then you are good for 30 days. Wait one more day at the end of the 30 days and they will charge you again $4. Hopefully you charge enough to see your $4 make a difference.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
You probably know this already, but don't forget to start the charge through the app before plugging in if you have plug and charge enabled. The EA Pass+ rates do not link with plug and charge.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
As soon as you see the $4 charge on your account, you will get the discount rate. Once they, EA, charges your credit card, then you are good for 30 days. Wait one more day at the end of the 30 days and they will charge you again $4. Hopefully you charge enough to see your $4 make a difference.
Typically a single charging session with the lightning will recoup the cost.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Typically a single charging session with the lightning will recoup the cost.
You are correct.
I get my $4 back every time I charge my Lightning on trips. What I don't like about EA is the slow rate charges and their broken stations. Waiting for the supercharger stations to come on line soon.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I have several trips across Michigan next month. Helping a kid move so I have some hauling miles ahead and will probably need to charge twice as much as usual.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
You probably know this already, but don't forget to start the charge through the app before plugging in if you have plug and charge enabled. The EA Pass+ rates do not link with plug and charge.
I disabled plug and charge in FordPass. According to the EA app, I'm supposed to plug in first and then activate the charger. Is that wrong?

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I have several trips across Michigan next month. Helping a kid move so I have some hauling miles ahead and will probably need to charge twice as much as usual.
The $4 Pass+ will come handy. Don't know how EA is doing in MI. Be prepared to wait longer to charge. At least that is what I am going thru in SC.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I have had a EA Pass+ account pretty much as long as it has been available. I did cancel my Pass+ while I was waiting for my Lightning and was without an EV but reinstated it as soon as I figured out I couldn’t get the Pass+ discount through the Ford Pass app. I make enough long trips that the Pass+ pays for itself but I would hang onto Pass+ even though I may not plan on taking a long trip for a while.

For years EA has been the only choice if you are going on a long trip where you will need to CCS charge. I like the idea of giving EA a little money stream to help maintain the CCS chargers when I’m not using them. The $4 a month is hardly noticeable and I usually save many times that on a single long trip.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I disabled plug and charge in FordPass. According to the EA app, I'm supposed to plug in first and then activate the charger. Is that wrong?
Neither Ford nor EA will tell you this but yes it’s wrong. Just activate the charger using the EA app using your Pass+ account BEFORE you plugin and the charger fires right up. Absolutely no need to cancel your Ford Pass Plug-n-Charge making it still available when you can’t get a cell phone signal.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I have always had better luck activating the charger through the app (on the phone or android auto/carplay) before plugging in. Sometimes the handshake times out if it's plugged in too long before activation.

Also, if you're getting slower than expected charging (e.g. 30 kw or 50 kw at low state of charge) you can sometimes get faster charging by switching over to the other handle on the same unit.

Finally, if you get desperate you can sometimes activate a charger that shows dead/unavailable in the app using plug and charge.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Neither Ford nor EA will tell you this but yes it’s wrong. Just activate the charger using the EA app using your Pass+ account BEFORE you plugin and the charger fires right up. Absolutely no need to cancel your Ford Pass Plug-n-Charge making it still available when you can’t get a cell phone signal.

How does plug-n-charge works without a signal? I thought you still have to initiate the charge through Ford Pass?

For years EA has been the only choice if you are going on a long trip where you will need to CCS charge. I like the idea of giving EA a little money stream to help maintain the CCS chargers when I’m not using them. The $4 a month is hardly noticeable and I usually save many times that on a single long trip.

I agree. Keeping EA alive now that Tesla is shooting for charging monopoly is very important. I would go for EA first if it is next to a supercharger. Unless EA failure rate get worse and completely frustrate me.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
How does plug-n-charge works without a signal? I thought you still have to initiate the charge through Ford Pass?
Nope, just plugin. The car communicates with the charger to tell charger exactly who you are. After that all you have to do is hit the “continue” button when the price window comes up on the charger.
Sponsored