• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Electrify America Pass+

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Nope, just plugin. The car communicates with the charger to tell charger exactly who you are. After that all you have to do is hit the “continue” button when the price window comes up on the charger.
The “Continue” button aggravates me. I’ve wondered if I ignore it, charging will commence eventually? I’m not patient enough to find out.
It should be called “Plug, Press a button, and charge.”
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
The “Continue” button aggravates me. I’ve wondered if I ignore it, charging will commence eventually? I’m not patient enough to find out.
It should be called “Plug, Press a button, and charge.”
I suspect the continue button may be there so if you have an EA account and want to use it, if Ford pass plug and charge attempt to take over, you control if the charging starts. Not sure if it is that or just bad programing. Just trying to make you feel better about it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I suspect the continue button may be there so if you have an EA account and want to use it, if Ford pass plug and charge attempt to take over, you control if the charging starts. Not sure if it is that or just bad programing. Just trying to make you feel better about it.
Good point….if you’re a Pass+ member and forgot to activate the station first, it would let you bail out and start over.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
You guys are talking about a continue button, but every video I've seen has you swiping your phone to start charging.

I don't take a lot of long trips so I haven't had to use much DCFC. And up until now, I've mostly used my free charge bundle through FordPass, and have started the session with the app.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I've never had to hit the continue button for Plug N Charge, it did take upwards of a minute to begin charging though.

I disabled Plug N Charge when my free credits where used up just to be safe, it takes 1 minute to reactivate it if needed due to EA being EA.

Like others said, activate then plug in. I haven't had any issues yet doing it in that order.

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
You guys are talking about a continue button, but every video I've seen has you swiping your phone to start charging.

I don't take a lot of long trips so I haven't had to use much DCFC. And up until now, I've mostly used my free charge bundle through FordPass, and have started the session with the app.
I was in your shoes two months ago and will be again starting this weekend. Last time I signed up for pass + and disabled plug and play. When arriving at the chargers I would use the NFC reader on the charger to activate after plugging in the truck then hit the continue button. A couple of times I used the app and swiped to start the charger and press the continue button. I dunno if pressing the button works or not but I had zero issues on any of the trips that month. I also made sure I set the EA station as my destination to ensure it was preconditioned.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
So yesterday we took a 450 mi trip and I found out that you can actually start the charger in the truck using the app. Just pulled up to the station had the EA app open in android auto selected the charger I was at and hit start charge, then got out and plugged in. Still came up with the continue button, which I pushed at 1 stop and didn’t at the other. Both times the charger initiated, it just took an extra 30 seconds or so if I didn’t push continue.

I thought the ability to start on the screen was neat. It helped out when I was at a station that was busy and had open spaces, I could see that 2 of the three open spaces were actually unavailable and pulled right in to the only available one.
Sponsored