• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Electrify America Charge Question

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
I've used EA to charge on 4 occasions with Plug and Charge. 3 of those instances were at the same location, and one being in a different state. I had 250kwh free charging, but the only instance I can see that I was charged anything was on the one in a different state which used 79kwh. I'm showing 171khw remaining. I do have my card on file but unless it comes up with a different description I'm not seeing any additional charges. Does anyone know what EA shows on your card statement? Have you ever not been charged with EA?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes, it happens. Usually means the charging station lost contact with the EA mothership.

OP
OP
AmandaB

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the reply. Not going to complain about free charging, just something I noticed recently.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Sometimes the station will show a rate but also so "complimentary charge" on the session and the transaction will never show up in your history.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Sometimes the station will show a rate but also so "complimentary charge" on the session and the transaction will never show up in your history.
I haven’t seen complementary charging since last summer.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
After burning off my free 250, on several occasions I've had charging session complete without billing to my account, as Maquis said, communication failures between the dispenser and EA database are interrupted but we are still able to charge, I've never seen the terminology of a complementary session on the screen when it's happened.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I haven’t seen complementary charging since last summer.
I had 3 complementary charges driving back and forth from Chicago last weekend because of reduced power on chargers. Twice in Skokie Illinois and once at the Tiffin Plaza on the Ohio Turnipike.

Skokie was charging at about 79kW and Tiffin was charging at 124kw. I wasn't complaining because we were in the Mach-E.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I've used EA to charge on 4 occasions with Plug and Charge. 3 of those instances were at the same location, and one being in a different state. I had 250kwh free charging, but the only instance I can see that I was charged anything was on the one in a different state which used 79kwh. I'm showing 171khw remaining. I do have my card on file but unless it comes up with a different description I'm not seeing any additional charges. Does anyone know what EA shows on your card statement? Have you ever not been charged with EA?
Plug and Charge is via Ford, not EA. It shows up as Ford Motor Company on your credit card statement.

OP
OP
AmandaB

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plug and Charge is via Ford, not EA. It shows up as Ford Motor Company on your credit card statement.
I searched Ford as well and nothing from them. Good know though thank you!
Sponsored