• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charging door trim not assembled correctly - how to remove?

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
The outer skin of the charging door on my truck is not installed correctly - they missed getting it engaged on one of the tabs when it was assembled. It appears it is assembled by sliding some very fragile looking molded tabs into slots in the black plastic inner door piece. Easy enough to re-seat it if I knew how to get it disassembled.
There is likely a latch or catch that keeps it from sliding off. Anybody know where or how it comes apart?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
On the Mach-E, there is a simple catch clip in the center inside of the cover. Just pull up on its edge and the cover will slide out toward the driver's door.

OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
On the Mach-E, there is a simple catch clip in the center inside of the cover. Just pull up on its edge and the cover will slide out toward the driver's door.
Its the same on the F150. Was able to get it off and then back on correctly.
Thanks.

kjhall

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat, 2023 Mach E Premium AWD
Mine has been loose since day one. I don't see any tab with any type of catch on it.
Ford F-150 Lightning Charging door trim not assembled correctly - how to remove? IMG_5613
Any chance you could send a picture of what yours looks like when it's off?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
We're discussing the big door that opens, and the fact that it slides onto a black plastic door.

OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Here is a photo of the charging door. I needed to remove the white outer portion. As mentioned, just pull up on the tab in thee middle of the black portion next to the QR-code and the white portion slides off (to the left in this photo).
Ford F-150 Lightning Charging door trim not assembled correctly - how to remove? 1693172813341
Sponsored