• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charging Rate Limited in the Heat?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Took another trip to El Paso this past weekend. This is the first time I've noticed the battery temp meter move prior to arriving at a DCFC. I charged 4 times, temps between 100 and 110. In every instance, the battery temp meter was to the right of middle while on the freeway. About 20min out from the DCFC (using Ford nav to the charger) I saw the battery temp meter start decreasing and about 10min out it was pegged in the middle. I didn't have an OBD reader to confirm, but if we can believe that meter then it is cooling the battery. I got slightly better charge rates than my trip over the July 4th weekend. Same chargers, same temps.

OP
OP

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I use Android Auto and Google Maps which does not interface with the truck. I've been pulling into DC Fast Chargers with Battery Temps running hot. I didn't realize the truck would go out of its way to cool the battery prior to charging.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I use Android Auto and Google Maps which does not interface with the truck. I've been pulling into DC Fast Chargers with Battery Temps running hot. I didn't realize the truck would go out of its way to cool the battery prior to charging.
There's been some suspicion as to weather it would cool or not. This is the first time I've noticed it. If I had to guess, I think one (or more) of the recent updates either enabled it or fixed the display to properly show it.
Sponsored