• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Check the wiper drain holes.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
This is probably a corner case for those of us who live off the beaten path or perhaps for those who go off-roading.

This morning I got in my truck after a heavy downpour. Noticed that there was a deep pool of water around the wiper bases. My first thought was that it was a very poor design as in below-freezing weather it could make my wipers unusable. Hard to see in the picture because the water was so clear, but it was completely covering the bulb where the wiper arm attaches.

Ford F-150 Lightning Check the wiper drain holes. 20230808_101827

I discovered there are several small drain holes at the bottom of these wells. Because I live on a long, dirt road, my truck is usually covered in a fine layer of dust, not to mention tree debris as I live in the middle of the woods.. Apparently, over time, that dust had built up enough to become mud, coupled with tree stuff, enough to completely block the drain holes.

So, if you live or drive in an area like mine, get in the habit of clearing these drain holes often. Otherwise, come February, you could find your wipers locked in a block of ice.

Now to figure out how much the dust will impact the use of Blue Cruise...(used finger to wipe off logo type at the bottom)

Ford F-150 Lightning Check the wiper drain holes. 20230802_163400
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Stuck Thread

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Mine always collected water. Didn’t know there were holes to clean. Will check it out. Thanks.
Sponsored