• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Fingers Crossed 🤞 just glad to see deliveries are finally happening and scheduling is still progressing even if I'm not selected. Just getting that much closer to getting mine. Hopefully dealer mannequin will be in soon, they hinted at being given the mannequin for 24hrsfor customers to test out.
Whoa !

Wait, your dealer is going to allow 24hr test drives on a mannequin Lightning ??

Even with a line of people who just want to look and sit in one ??? o_O
Sponsored

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Whoa !

Wait, your dealer is going to allow 24hr test drives on a mannequin Lightning ??

Even with a line of people who just want to look and sit in one ??? o_O
That's what they alluded to. They said that's what they did for the Bronco, but they hadn't made a decision yet on the lightning.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
That's what they alluded to. They said that's what they did for the Bronco, but they hadn't made a decision yet on the lightning.
Wow, your dealership is very cool but I wonder if you have to grease their palms or have an order or reservation with them as a prerequisite ?

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Was originally 6/20, been holding at 7/11 for five weeks now since 4/20.

Every time I see one of these threads I'm immediately excited that I am pushed up, then terrified I may be pushed back... then end up indifferent nothing happened at all.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Was originally 6/20, been holding at 7/11 for five weeks now since 4/20.

Every time I see one of these threads I'm immediately excited that I am pushed up, then terrified I may be pushed back... then end up indifferent nothing happened at all.
According to @TaxmanHog there may be further updates today or tomorrow so keep on checking.

Which trim did you order ?

ER or SR ?

Options ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
XLT SR
Carbonized Gray Metallic
+ Both Towing Packages
+ Pro Power
+ Tailgate Step
Jealous for sure!
🤗
That's the trim and battery I wanted in the first place....

Never really wanted a 20" street truck w/ running boards and leather - just give me 18" wheels w/ 35"+ tires, no running boards to dirty my legs & pants, and cloth seats for comfort and coolness in the hot desert southwest.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
To be fair, some of us that got to order in wave 6 were first 15 minute reservation holders, while quite a few (though calling you out specifically, I have no idea when you reserved) wave 1 orders reserved after us. I know someone who reserved in June and got a wave 3 invite with no priority, that was incredibly frustrating.

Like you said, it's probably all about logistics. Either way though, we have a great truck coming!
This isn't unique to Ford, either - I was one of the first to buy a Tesla Model S (having paid a considerably larger deposit), and my Signature car (one of the first 1,000) was actually delivered to me after some of the first production-series cars were being delivered. It was a combination of logistics (transport to Illinois vs. California deliveries), manufacturing defects (my car had to be scrapped and rebuilt after it did not pass manufacturing quality tests), and communications problems.

From my own experience, I can tell you that every step of the wait is agonizing, but once you do receive it, you'll spend the next 3 months inventing reasons to drive places in your LIghtning... hitting up the convenience store 10 times a day isn't out of the question. :)

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD EX, '20 Edge SEL
Ford F-150 Lightning Check your Ford order page.  New updated production / build date. Moved up 1 month ! Screenshot_20220526-112301_Chrome
Could anyone tell me if there is a problem with my order? Shouldn't it have a green check mark on the placed order spot?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Screenshot_20220526-112301_Chrome.jpg
Could anyone tell me if there is a problem with my order? Shouldn't it have a green check mark on the placed order spot?
Look below this section to the left of the page if it has two green check's and the second one say's order accepted by dealer you're good to go, and just waiting for a build week assignment.

Sponsored

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD EX, '20 Edge SEL
Look below this section to the left of the page if it has two green check's and the second one say's order accepted by dealer you're good to go, and just waiting for a build week assignment.
Just checked it and there is a green checkmark there! I was getting worried that the top tracker hasn't changed to reflect it. Thank you :)

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Just checked it and there is a green checkmark there! I was getting worried that the top tracker hasn't changed to reflect it. Thank you :)
The top tracker only moves to the next step once production is scheduled. Like mentioned, as long as the dealer accepted your order, you should be good to go!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I can't get the order page to pull up today? My truck had it's modules activates Monday, so maybe it's updating it's progress? Last date I saw was 5/23

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
I can see it, I've discovered sometimes the browser cache becomes stale, try clearing it and retry
Your tear tag is listed in the modules search, so hopefully your simple build will be heading to hold & staging CA34

Ford F-150 Lightning Check your Ford order page.  New updated production / build date. Moved up 1 month ! 1653678912925

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I can see it, I've discovered sometimes the browser cache becomes stale, try clearing it and retry
Your tear tag is listed in the modules search, so hopefully your simple build will be heading to hold & staging CA34

1653678912925.png
wow! Tear tag and CA34? You're speaking a different language :) . I will try to d'load another browser, Chrome is stale, and Safari won't give me anything.
Sponsored