• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Chest fridge for frunk

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
UPDATE. Received the powered cooler and it fits perfectly. It runs fine with frunk closed and doesn’t message that it exceeds wattage when frunk is closed.

im very happy with purchase. Cost $189 plus tax from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N63CSH5/

IMG_0069.jpeg
This new one is 35 Liter (38 qt). I still have our original version with 55 Liter (59 qt) in truck bed under soft tonneau cover. When we are traveling the 2-1/2 hours between house and cabin I’ll use the big one as a refrigerator and the smaller one as a freezer.

When returning from supermarket I’ll probobly only use one set at 0 deg to keep food frozen and cool on the short trip home.

Another really nice feature is the Bluetooth app where we can monitor the temps and even change temp setting while driving
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
This new one is 35 Liter (38 qt). I still have our original version with 55 Liter (59 qt) in truck bed under soft tonneau cover. When we are traveling the 2-1/2 hours between house and cabin I’ll use the big one as a refrigerator and the smaller one as a freezer.

When returning from supermarket I’ll probobly only use one set at 0 deg to keep food frozen and cool on the short trip home.

Another really nice feature is the Bluetooth app where we can monitor the temps and even change temp setting while driving
Now you just need to test the 47 to round out the comparison.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Now you just need to test the 47 to round out the comparison.
Nah :) The 47 is 3.5" taller that the 35 so I doubt it would fit the FRonk.

Traveling yesterday for a 3 hour trip and I used the 35 in the FRonk as a Freezer and the 55 in the bed as a Refrigerator. It worked perfectly.

About 30 minutes before leaving I plugged in the coolers with an extension cord to the house outlets so everything was pre cooled. On the road it was nice to be able to monitor temps in each separately using the iPhone app to verify all was well.

These coolers were great for us as we routinely travel 3 hours between houses. Before we couldn't bring Ice Cream now not a problem keeping things frozen.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Nah :) The 47 is 3.5" taller that the 35 so I doubt it would fit the FRonk.

Traveling yesterday for a 3 hour trip and I used the 35 in the FRonk as a Freezer and the 55 in the bed as a Refrigerator. It worked perfectly.

About 30 minutes before leaving I plugged in the coolers with an extension cord to the house outlets so everything was pre cooled. On the road it was nice to be able to monitor temps in each separately using the iPhone app to verify all was well.

These coolers were great for us as we routinely travel 3 hours between houses. Before we couldn't bring Ice Cream now not a problem keeping things frozen.
Highly unlikely, it looks like you only have another 1.5-2” max left.

How’s the sizing compared to the big one? It looks tiny in the frunk there, is the interior the same layout with the mini shelf?

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
I took the plunge and bought a portable firdge for road trips and camping.
To add it to the list of fridges people have tried before with the lighting:

Iceco APL55 dual zone fridge/freezer.
Its unfortunately too tall to fit in the frunk. But it does fit in the truck bed underneath a flush mounted tri-fold tonneau cover with about an inch to spare.
Sponsored