• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Concerns about your recently delivered Lightning?

Schaeway

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ram Diesel, 2017 Explorer, 2016 Camaro SS
Occupation
Lumber Trader
For those who have received their trucks, please post any concerns or unusual things that have caught your attention.
Sponsored

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
Not specifically a concern, but a little surprised on the time to charge that large battery. I did the math on the charging times at different amps early on, but never checked the L2 charging rate at work. I plugged in at 50% early this morning and the ford app said charging would be complete at 10 pm. Yikes! I found out we have 6 kW chargers. Not a big deal but I’ll need to keep in mind I won’t get even a 50% charge at work.

I won’t have my Pro charger wired up until September when we move into a new home, so charging will be a challenge for a few months.

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
Not specifically a concern, but a little surprised on the time to charge that large battery. I did the math on the charging times at different amps early on, but never checked the L2 charging rate at work. I plugged in at 50% early this morning and the ford app said charging would be complete at 10 pm. Yikes! I found out we have 6 kW chargers. Not a big deal but I’ll need to keep in mind I won’t get even a 50% charge at work.

I won’t have my Pro charger wired up until September when we move into a new home, so charging will be a challenge for a few months.
it would almost behoove you to pay for your own charger and swap it out at work. On the weekend...

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
many existing level 2 chargers were installed when the Nissan Leaf and its 24kwh battery we're the only game in town. electrical wire rated for 25 amps aint gonna cut it for batteries 4x the size.

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
On mine, the front passenger door really needs to be shut hard to latch properly.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

i get 5.5kW on the charger at work. My daily commute is only about 40 miles so it shouldn’t take long to replenish but if i drove a lot over the weekend i weekend it would be difficult to get it back to 80%. It would probably take 2-3 days to catch up.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
i get 5.5kW on the charger at work. My daily commute is only about 40 miles so it shouldn’t take long to replenish but if i drove a lot over the weekend i weekend it would be difficult to get it back to 80%. It would probably take 2-3 days to catch up.
No charger at home?

detroitlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Toyota RAV4 Prime, ‘22 Maverick XL
It really depends on your commute, but being able to charge at work with those rates isn’t that bad. I’ve owned a few PHEV’s, so I’m used to slow charging - you’ll pick up at least 10 miles an hour. And even charging at home @ 110 will give you another ~50 miles Overnight.

Small %’s for the Lightning’s huge batteries, but as long as your commute isn’t ridiculous that will at least help you keep up.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
you’ll pick up at least 10 miles an hour. And even charging at home @ 110 will give you another ~50 miles Overnight.

Small %’s for the Lightning’s huge batteries, but as long as your commute isn’t ridiculous that will at least help you keep up.
I charged 11 hours at home last night and got 22 miles. Something, but it’s pretty slow on L1. I will be wiring the pro charger for 100 amps to fill up quicker when needed.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Great thread to start for sure! We will all have "Glows" and "Grows" we encounter with Henry's electric F150. To capture them in one thread is great feedback! Segment leaders pay big money for customer feedback like this.

detroitlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Toyota RAV4 Prime, ‘22 Maverick XL
I charged 11 hours at home last night and got 22 miles. Something, but it’s pretty slow on L1. I will be wiring the pro charger for 100 amps to fill up quicker when needed.
Hmm…that doesn’t seem right. With both the Volt & our Rav4 Prime - we’ve only ever had a L1 charger. Always get ~3-4 miles/hour, and 40-50 overnight. That’s with multiple chargers, at multiple locations.

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
Only thing I've noticed is that in order to not get the 'Keep hands on the wheel' when in blue cruise is to always have some slight left or right turning pressure when it wants your hands on the wheel. Even if I'm resting my hands at 10 and 2 I get the damn keep the hands on the wheel.

When it goes into hands free mode, it's amazing. When in the left lane of a four lane highway it does kind of hug the center line though. Kinda sketchy being so close to semis and shit.
Sponsored