• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Copilot knows the free adapter delivery dates

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
I don't know which adapters you found for $40-$75.....

You either make do and wait for the Ford adapter to arrive, perhaps make a deal with a kind soul on the forum to do an exchange if they're getting one sooner and don't need it (mine is slated for July (23### order number), or - you buy the A2Z unit.
I also heard that some can't carry the full charging power or risk melting so careful research is in order.

I also thought of borrowing or even renting one for the latter part of June and early first half of July but don't know of any places in North Maryland that does that. Maybe I can look for a local Lightning club.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I was really hoping to find something much cheaper as a temporary stopgap.
No such thing exists.

I also heard that some can't carry the full charging power or risk melting so careful research is in order.
That might be true if you buy crap made in China from Amazon, but the A2ZEV adapter has been well tested and contains technology to shut off the charge if temperatures exceed what is acceptable.

I have ordered the Lectron but they won't provide a shipping date even though they headline for it says shipping now.

I just tried to check status on Ford, and it says the order number does not exist even though it's the exact order number on my order acknowledgement from Ford.
I would like to have 2 since I have 2 EVs.
I did a lot of research on the adapters, and spoke to the CEO of A2ZEV several times. I have both their destination adapter, and their SuperCharger adapter, and both work great.

The A2ZEV Typhoon Supercharger adapter is $197 (but it's 10% off now). Both are $252 (select both in dropdown menu). Availability is currently 5/31 - 6/7 (which is moved up a week indicating they have more coming in than expected days ago). 12 month warranty.

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Mine was ordered 03/17/24 and it still shows as shipping in September.
Made me feel lucky. My order date is Feb. 29th and the ship date got move to "by June". Glad I hopped on the website and got it ordered.

DVader2023

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT, 65 Volkswagen Bug
I ordered mine 3/1/24, the day after they started taking orders. My delivery date is August. Although, the date has not changed every time I look.🥱

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ugh, I bought my Lightning April 29, 2024 and realized I had to request the adapter yesterday (4/7/24). Delivery is planned for October, 2024. A call basically got me "can't do anything to expedite".

I'm planning some 350 mile trips in June and July and most of the chargers along the way are a whopping 6.x kw with a few going up to 11.x Kw. At least they are cheap. There are 2 fast chargers - at Chevy and KIA dealers - rates NOT listed.

A search of Amazon shows several adapters ranging from $40 - $75 - I will check State of Charge for recommended adapters.
Have you tried putting your route into AbetterRoutePlanner? It might find you a route you aren't thinking of.

Sponsored

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old
Have you tried putting your route into AbetterRoutePlanner? It might find you a route you aren't thinking of.
Thanks! https://abetterrouteplanner.com/ is really interesting and could be very useful. I am gathering a handful of apps that do this kind of thing and it will be an adventure trying to cross reference them and find the best route.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Thanks! https://abetterrouteplanner.com/ is really interesting and could be very useful. I am gathering a handful of apps that do this kind of thing and it will be an adventure trying to cross reference them and find the best route.
My personal method is to use ABRP to lay out a route, and then use google maps to navigate to each stop, but others likely have methods that work just as well.

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old
My personal method is to use ABRP to lay out a route, and then use google maps to navigate to each stop, but others likely have methods that work just as well.
I think ABRP is a bit optimistic - has me going from Monrovia, Md. to Ithaca, NY on one 100% charge. But it is very helpful for finding stations along the way, though central NY seems to favor low power stations. Looks like long lunch breaks and naps, but then I named my truck Range Anxiety (RAe).

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think ABRP is a bit optimistic - has me going from Monrovia, Md. to Ithaca, NY on one 100% charge. But it is very helpful for finding stations along the way, though central NY seems to favor low power stations. Looks like long lunch breaks and naps, but then I named my truck Range Anxiety (RAe).
Given I know how I drive, I set the speed to 110% and it seems much more accurate!

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I have ordered the Lectron but they won't provide a shipping date even though they headline for it says shipping now.

I just tried to check status on Ford, and it says the order number does not exist even though it's the exact order number on my order acknowledgement from Ford.
I would like to have 2 since I have 2 EVs.
I’ll have a used Lectron for sale in a couple of weeks. I picked it up to bridge me until my adapter came.

I’m sure there are others who will be able to offer the same once June hits. I wouldn’t fret over it too much.

Worst case, AZ is on a 3 week backlog.

Sponsored

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old
... I wouldn’t fret over it too much....
I figure a stop at Bloomsburg should get me all the way to both Ithaca and Watkins Glen. :) I'm seeing lots of options to charge slow, though they may cost a couple hours. The 7500 watt generator gets left at home. The great thing about being retired is I can drive slow, like an old man. Uh Oh, I am an old man!!! Yup, limit it to 110%.

One thing I really like about the Lariat is the seats are quite comfortable for napping. :sleep:

mountchop

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, F-150
THIS is one of the great dangers of AI. People think the internet has factual information, which of course we all know now is not true with social media and anyone becoming an "expert". Now, you add in AI, which makes things up also. And people think it's fact.

Yes, and for some reason, people start treating AI almost like a god, forgetting to verify what it tells them. Folks, check the data. I once argued with chat gpt for several minutes about the content of a book, but it just wouldn't believe me, even though I was sure of the facts. I literally had the physical book in my hands. And Copilot has also given me some inaccurate information a couple of times. It definitely won't know when I'll receive my delivery.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In college it is convenient to use essay writer helper as it saves a lot of time. But I would say that a double check never hurts.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yes, and for some reason, people start treating AI almost like a god, forgetting to verify what it tells them. Folks, check the data. I once argued with chat gpt for several minutes about the content of a book, but it just wouldn't believe me, even though I was sure of the facts. I literally had the physical book in my hands. And Copilot has also given me some inaccurate information a couple of times. It definitely won't know when I'll receive my delivery.
The fact that you are arguing with a machine is pretty frightening.
Sponsored