• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
How would you filter all the DCFCs you can charge at in plugshare regardless of speed after NACs open? With V2 being out and V3 included. Sponsored
I'm not sure the PlugShare app can do that now. Filtering Superchargers is pretty simple - V2 are only 150kw, so search for Supercharger network and greater than 150kw, and you only get V3 and V4. But including Chargepoint, EVgo, etc. with NACS is not that simple - currently the only way I can see to find NACS chargers that would work with Lightning (and an adapter) is to run two searches.
Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
My A2Z arrives via UPS today. There's a Tesla V3 Supercharger less than a mile from my house. When Ford and Tesla throw the switch, I'll be able to test it promptly. I am pretty stoked.

Here in Southeastern, PA, there doesn't appear to be any NACS non-Superchargers to play with. So, I appreciate others testing it out!

When the complimentary adapter arrives for the Ford, I'll use that and toss the A2Z adapter into the back of our Mini -- it gets access next year.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
The one near me is 125kw, and had separate cables for Chademo and CCS - I assume they swapped the CCS cables for NACS, but haven't been there since they switched a couple of weeks ago.

I will try to get there and check after my adapter arrives.
Is it actually 125kW via the Tesla cable, though? The EVgo units by us are all converted Chademo units that have Tesla Chademo adapters hidden inside a metal box next to the main charger housing. The Tesla adapters are limited to 50kW and so are these units' "Tesla" cables. Also, Tesla cars using the Chademo adapter speak a control protocol which is neither CCS nor the legacy Tesla protocol. It seems extremely unlikely to me that Ford would implement this - Chademo is dying, after all.

If you think about it, the situation with NACS-connector charging is going to be pretty confusing for non Tesla owners. In addition to these wacky Chademo-on-NACS-connector lash ups, there are 3 types of actual Superchargers in the field (V1, V2, and the 85kW "urban" units) that won't speak CCS. The "urban" chargers in particular are deployed in a lot of locations that are otherwise DCFC deserts and may lead to a lot of frustrated drivers. We're not really hearing anything about how the parties involved expect to address this. Doesn't seem good.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Is it actually 125kW via the Tesla cable, though? The EVgo units by us are all converted Chademo units that have Tesla Chademo adapters hidden inside a metal box next to the main charger housing. The Tesla adapters are limited to 50kW and so are these units' "Tesla" cables. Also, Tesla cars using the Chademo adapter speak a control protocol which is neither CCS nor the legacy Tesla protocol. It seems extremely unlikely to me that Ford would implement this - Chademo is dying, after all.
Tesla via Magic Dock is, so no reason these adapters would be different.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Is it actually 125kW via the Tesla cable, though?
Don't know yet. It's Chargepoint, so you never really get the advertised rating, at least with CCS - I never got over 77kw, and I was always the only one there.

Seems odd that they swapped the CCS cables and not the Chademo, but what do I know.

My adapter is supposed to arrive today, but it may be a few days before i can get there to try it out.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Don't know yet. It's Chargepoint, so you never really get the advertised rating, at least with CCS - I never got over 77kw, and I was always the only one there.

Seems odd that they swapped the CCS cables and not the Chademo, but what do I know.

My adapter is supposed to arrive today, but it may be a few days before i can get there to try it out.
Chargepoint are limited to 200A. With a battery voltage of 385, you get 77 kw. The only way to charge at a higher kw is if you have a vehicle with 800V architecture.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Tesla via Magic Dock is, so no reason these adapters would be different.
Aren't Magic Docks limited to 350A? With the A2Z (and I saw the Lectron) versions rated for 500A I'd think we could squeeze out a little more.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Aren't Magic Docks limited to 350A? With the A2Z (and I saw the Lectron) versions rated for 500A I'd think we could squeeze out a little more.
Guess we'll find out soon.

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
Visiting the ChargePoint Corporate offices in CA for some $0.25kWh charging and to test out the NACS to CCS adapter from A2Z. It supports up to 1000v and 500a and is charging the Lightning perfectly. It's a great sign of things to come with the Tesla / Ford partnership and I'm super excited for the free Ford adapters to be sent out and the opening of the Tesla network in the months ahead! I'm also interested to see Tom Moloughney give it a true stress test along with the Lectron and Ford adapters! We are entering fun times ahead for those who need to road trip. ⚡🛻

1000008377.jpg
i want to know about those rims. i love that blue line. howd you do that?

OP
OP
Cbowe

Cbowe

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Senior Manager
They are rim protectors you can get on Amazon and then I had them and my brake calipers painted the Lightning blue. đź‘Ť

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Visiting the ChargePoint Corporate offices in CA for some $0.25kWh charging and to test out the NACS to CCS adapter from A2Z. It supports up to 1000v and 500a and is charging the Lightning perfectly. It's a great sign of things to come with the Tesla / Ford partnership and I'm super excited for the free Ford adapters to be sent out and the opening of the Tesla network in the months ahead! I'm also interested to see Tom Moloughney give it a true stress test along with the Lectron and Ford adapters! We are entering fun times ahead for those who need to road trip. ⚡🛻

1000008377.jpg
I had no idea there were already non-Tesla NACS connectors. Thanks for the test! I have an A2Z adapter on the way so this is a nice confirmation.

I love the blue accents. I have the same vinyl decals on my charge port doors. It looks like the truck was made to come with them. I had considered powder coating my wheels with a blue tinted charcoal (something subtle) but I've never got around to it. Is the accent on the wheel also vinyl?

OP
OP
Cbowe

Cbowe

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Senior Manager
The wheels are a thin metal rim protector with a 3m tape that (attempts) to hold it on the rim. I had it custom painted along with my calipers to match the lightning blue. It's hard to recommend them and they look great from 5 ft away but I've had to use different glue and adhesive trying to get them to stick and I haven't found a great solution yet. They're still parts that are coming off the rim unfortunately.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Would this adapter also work for L2 charging or is it just for DCFC?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I tried those rim protectors on a previous car, they never held up and ended up flying off at speed. I see the blue f150 on door, is that sticker set
If so where? I like that pop and would like the tailgate to get it too
Sponsored