• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rivian to Provide Free Tesla NACS Adapter

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Im just going to buy whatever Tesla offers since it’s guaranteed to work. Ford will probably hire SunRun again to distribute these and SunRun will call you telling you they need to measure your port first before mailing 🙄

OP
OP

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Didn’t Farley promise a free adapter to everyone in the CNBC interview?

I’m still waiting on my charge station from a truck purchase in 2022… they say they are working on it…
My understanding is Farley kind of hinted that was the case but corporate communications back tracked so I don’t think it’s certain that it’s free currently.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
My understanding is Farley kind of hinted that was the case but corporate communications back tracked so I don’t think it’s certain that it’s free currently.
In the Twitter spaces announcement Musk (when discussing the adapter) stated "it will not be cost prohibitive... it will be something that is quite affordable... in the hundreds of dollars range".

Watch the 14:10 to 16:10 mark of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/live/rsrs4a212g0?feature=share

In the CNBC video (below) Farley says "We're gonna ship an adapter to everyone that has bought a Ford EV " in this interview. It does not say "ship for free", but I agree one could easily construe it that way. Since I heard Musk's comments first, I figured Farley simply spoke a bit clumsily during a live interview.

So my understanding is Tesla is making the adapters and will be charging the manufacturers. The question is does each manufacturer eat the cost, or pass it along to the customer. Hard to say, but based on the way Ford nickel and dime people on the pitiful compensation for deleted items due to missing supply chain items I would not expect them to be so generous on this particular issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
In the Twitter spaces announcement Musk (when discussing the adapter) stated "it will not be cost prohibitive... it will be something that is quite affordable... in the hundreds of dollars range".

Watch the 14:10 to 16:10 mark of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/live/rsrs4a212g0?feature=share

In the CNBC video (below) Farley says "We're gonna ship an adapter to everyone that has bought a Ford EV " in this interview. It does not say "ship for free", but I agree one could easily construe it that way. Since I heard Musk's comments first, I figured Farley simply spoke a bit clumsily during a live interview.

So my understanding is Tesla is making the adapters and will be charging the manufacturers. The question is does each manufacturer eat the cost, or pass it along to the customer. Hard to say, but based on the way Ford nickel and dime people on the pitiful compensation for deleted items due to missing supply chain items I would not expect them to be so generous on this particular issue.
Great post - sounds like Farley really misspoke there. I think saying "everyone that has bought" implies free. But we all know how Ford works by now.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
Well, here it is, 1 week away from February 2024 and not a peep from Ford or Tesla on this subject. One would think that there would at least some chatter about this but absolutely nothing!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Well, here it is, 1 week away from February 2024 and not a peep from Ford or Tesla on this subject. One would think that there would at least some chatter about this but absolutely nothing!
Ford said Supercharger access would occur during the first quarter. There are 66 days left.

And they also announced that BlueCruise 1.3 would be rolling out last September. So don't hold your breath.
Sponsored