• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cbowe

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Senior Manager
Visiting the ChargePoint Corporate offices in CA for some $0.25kWh charging and to test out the NACS to CCS adapter from A2Z. It supports up to 1000v and 500a and is charging the Lightning perfectly. It's a great sign of things to come with the Tesla / Ford partnership and I'm super excited for the free Ford adapters to be sent out and the opening of the Tesla network in the months ahead! I'm also interested to see Tom Moloughney give it a true stress test along with the Lectron and Ford adapters! We are entering fun times ahead for those who need to road trip. ⚡🛻

Ford F-150 Lightning Tried the A2Z NACS to CCS adapter 1000008377
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cbowe

Cbowe

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Senior Manager
What was your charging speed?
Because it's a split charger I was current limited and only pulled 98kw but I expect Superchargers will deliver the full curve once they are open, after a recent OTA update they all just got recently.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I watched Tom's recent video where he follows up with A2Z's CEO and one of the engineers that helped develop it. I was surprised to hear that they underestimated the prototype and have it rated as high as they do. I also can't wait to see a rate comparison between the free one and 3rd party offerings. My guess is that the difference won't be much, but it'll be nice to know if I ever lose the free one or need a spare.

Thanks for giving it a go and sharing!

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
My adapter is in the mail as of today, and after seeing this post I looked for a non-Tesla NACS fast charger near me.

Surprised to see several EVGo and a couple of Chargepoints with NACS connectors, including a Chargepoint in Tiverton RI that used to be CCS/Chademo and is now NACS/Chademo (and is next to a Mercedes dealer, not Nissan).

If this pattern continues, even before the Superchargers open up having an adapter will give access to more ports at more charging locations.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cbowe

Cbowe

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Senior Manager
You have to look at the way they do the NACS section though. EVGo and most others, split off the CHAdeMO side of the charger and that communication protocol won't work with CCS. Only the chargers that have the NACS plug as a stand alone separate cable will work. If it's not the 160kw charger like this one, it won't work.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tried the A2Z NACS to CCS adapter 1000008374

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The one near me is 125kw, and had separate cables for Chademo and CCS - I assume they swapped the CCS cables for NACS, but haven't been there since they switched a couple of weeks ago.

I will try to get there and check after my adapter arrives.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
More surprising to find a Chargepoint charger operational. The adapter working was icing on the cake.
I have found ChargePoint chargers to be far more reliable and operational than EA…. Most all ChargePoint units out there are still 50kW, but the newer 350kW ones are starting to slowly make More appearances.

ChargePoint is going all-in on NACS. They also sell a retrofit cable for those who already own L2 ChargePoint EVSEs at home. Of course it’s back-ordered because everyone is ordering them.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Surprised to see several EVGo and a couple of Chargepoints with NACS connectors, including a Chargepoint in Tiverton RI that used to be CCS/Chademo and is now NACS/Chademo (and is next to a Mercedes dealer, not Nissan).

Viti MB?
Now more reasons to convince my wife to upgrade her E300 to an EQS, that's her dealership....

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viti MB?
Now more reasons to convince my wife to upgrade her E300 to an EQS, that's her dealership....
Yes. I used that station a bunch last summer; according to PlugShare last week it switched to NACS and Chademo. Pricey, but it was there when I needed it.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
How would you filter all the DCFCs you can charge at in plugshare regardless of speed after NACs open? With V2 being out and V3 included.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
How would you filter all the DCFCs you can charge at in plugshare regardless of speed after NACs open? With V2 being out and V3 included.
Good question, maybe there needs to be 2 different Tesla plug types. A "NACS" plug which would denote compatibility with CCS1 and a "Tesla" plug to denote no compatibility. Maybe it already has this? I haven't looked into yet.
Sponsored