• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
How do I know if the BECM software has been installed with an OTA update?
Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Hi all, yesterday (10/2/23), I received a notice regarding the battery management software update. It stated that the update will occur over the air in the 4th 1/4 of 2023, or I could go to the dealer and have it done sooner. No notice of an actual battery problem.

I got the notice today (Lariat, Sept 22 build) and you're right no indication of any actual problem. They are not replacing the BECM, just updating the software running it to keep it from going into limp home mode. Seems like some might confuse this with an actual problem with the BECM. Battery cell management is a big deal and separates the men from the boys. You don't want it too intrusive or sensitive but strong enough to stop things from getting out of hand. You will lose a few cells over a battery's lifetime and how the software manages a degrading cell is a really big deal. Is it isolated or just treated differently.

I like that they give us a head up and the option to have the dealer do it or just wait on the OTA update.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
How do I know if the BECM software has been installed with an OTA update?
They have noted it is coming in the 4th quarter. It will be labeled as such. I'm sure it'll be a big topic, just check back here. There will be threads.

vinob55

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Yukon xl
I had an appointment to repair the light bar. Advisor told me about the additional recall pertaining to the battery. Interesting since I have already had a battery module replaced this summer. On the bright side I’m getting the heated steering wheel installed.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
They have noted it is coming in the 4th quarter. It will be labeled as such. I'm sure it'll be a big topic, just check back here. There will be threads.
Ok Thanks i will wait for the OTA since i am having zero problems>

Sponsored

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
just got the letter in the mail. no alerts drives fine. took delivery 2 months ago.

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
I received delivery of mine two months ago. I have the CSP notice on ford's site. I checked the battery SOH on OBD and it says 100% with the min and avg cell voltage.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice 1696480748802

I think I'll wait for the OTA and ask them about it on my first service appointment.

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
Nazareth Ford is doing the software update for me next week. The language on the back side of the notice about not acting quickly may void warranty convinced me to not wait for OTA. They're also installing the new dashboard tray.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
My dealer (Capital Ford, Raleigh, NC) picked mine up and did the update yesterday. All of my modules are good. They’re still waiting for parts for my steering wheel and then they’ll take care of that, the light bar, and the dash mat.

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well I got my notice yesterday and thought no problem I'll wait. Truck has been fine since getting battery module replaced in January. Today truck died with powertrain malfunction/reduced power and high voltage battery warning. So I guess I won't be waiting 😔

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Well I got my notice yesterday and thought no problem I'll wait. Truck has been fine since getting battery module replaced in January. Today truck died with powertrain malfunction/reduced power and high voltage battery warning. So I guess I won't be waiting 😔
Not again!? Oh man that stinks...

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
How many miles are on the truck? Reason I ask I have the exact same build week as you and had a module replaced in March. Got me thinking I need to get this looked at sooner rather than later.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
How many miles are on the truck? Reason I ask I have the exact same build week as you and had a module replaced in March. Got me thinking I need to get this looked at sooner rather than later.
18614 to be exact.