• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Just curious if any of you have received this. Today I logged into my Ford account and found two recalls. The first one I knew about, the rear light, but now I also had the below High voltage battery module or software recall.

Anybody else get this? My plan was to wait until the rear light parts are available and then make an appointment. Is this something serious or just a software update?

No warning in the truck or otherwise notifications.

Copied from website text below:

"High voltage battery module replacement andor battery energy control module becm software update

Description
High voltage battery module replacement andor battery energy control module becm software update
Campaign#
23B57
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer for next steps."

MODERATOR EDIT
===================
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/attachments/23b57bull-pdf.72144/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I see the same!

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice 1694635249631

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I updated the title to show that it's a CSP and stuck the thread

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I got it too. But it's not a recall.
So TLDR:
  • If your truck has a faulty battery module, Ford will be reaching out to you to offer a replacement
  • For everyone, Ford is updating the BECM firmware so that instead of STOP SAFELY NOW it will instead go into a reduced performance mode, if this fault happens later on
  • Currently it’s a FDRS update. In the “4th quarter” it’s planned to be an OTA.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm a bit confused. If we have this notification (I just checked, I do) but haven't had anything pop up in the truck, does that mean we have a faulty module or just potentially have one? I take mine in next Tues for 10k + Click TSB. I'll ask for some more info there as well.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'm a bit confused. If we have this notification (I just checked, I do) but haven't had anything pop up in the truck, does that mean we have a faulty module or just potentially have one? I take mine in next Tues for 10k + Click TSB. I'll ask for some more info there as well.
Everybody that has a truck built in the CSP date range has this in their owner page. You may not have a bad module and just need the BECM module programming.

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Just curious if any of you have received this. Today I logged into my Ford account and found two recalls. The first one I knew about, the rear light, but now I also had the below High voltage battery module or software recall.

Anybody else get this? My plan was to wait until the rear light parts are available and then make an appointment. Is this something serious or just a software update?

No warning in the truck or otherwise notifications.

Copied from website text below:

"High voltage battery module replacement andor battery energy control module becm software update

Description
High voltage battery module replacement andor battery energy control module becm software update
Campaign#
23B57
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer for next steps."
I got the same message. I already had my truck scheduled to get the lightbar recall done tomorrow and I called the dealer and was told they could perform the 23B57 update at the same time. I'll update tomorrow afternoon if they were successful.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I see it for mine also. That's disappointing. Smells just like the Mach-E one. Meaning the trucks wouldn't have restricted power to not kill the HVBJB before this, and now they will. And implies our HVBJB isn't up to snuff?

Just read it. HVB module, not HVBJB. Different.

How does this differ from the vehicles already recalled for battery modules?

Sponsored

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
What if we have already had a battery module replaced under the old 23H01 recall? I have this new TSB but also had a module replaced under 23H01 recall. I have never had any messages or alerts pop up in my dash. I'm about to take a 500 mile road trip with the family next week. Now I'm concerned about taking the truck.

OP
OP

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
So TLDR:
  • If your truck has a faulty battery module, Ford will be reaching out to you to offer a replacement
  • For everyone, Ford is updating the BECM firmware so that instead of STOP SAFELY NOW it will instead go into a reduced performance mode, if this fault happens later on
  • Currently it’s a FDRS update. In the “4th quarter” it’s planned to be an OTA.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. So for now we will just wait and hope the battery fault does not develop.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Never received a notice via FordPass or mail, but I ran a new VIN search in the Ford.com Customer Support/Recall funcand found the CSP there today.

I had run that search many times before and until today the Taillight replacement was the only thing shown.

I was thinking I had avoided this one, but not so lucky. 😟

Last edited:

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
what do they mean by battery module? Do they have to drop the whole battery? Or is this just a chip replacement?

Thinking about putting my planned trip on hold.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
what do they mean by battery module? Do they have to drop the whole battery? Or is this just a chip replacement?

Thinking about putting my planned trip on hold.
They drop the battery compartment, which has all the modules and high power contactors.
They remove the cover, remove the affected modules (arrays) leaving those with no issue in the pack, balance the new module to the pack voltage, install the new replacement module(s), pressure tests when cooling loops have been disturbed, close up the pack with the cover, reinstall under the truck, connect all the cables and cooling hoses, etc. the process could take up to 13 hours of direct labor plus side time for the module balancing process.
Sponsored